25

After a strangely calm two weeks, I'm beginning to suspect that something horrible is going to happen soon.

My life has not been known to be calm, so now that I've gone incident free for two weeks, I know it's just the universe charging up to give me a giant pile of shit soon.

Sounds fantastic.

"Isla!" Namjoon yells through the door and I roll my eyes.

"Namjoon, you're supposed to knock on the door. Not yell through it," I remind him for the tenth time.

"Open the door!" He yells.

"Dimples," I say, exasperated. "You're so bad at being a human, I swear."

I walk over to the door and open it, and there is Namjoon, grinning brightly down at me.

"I missed you!" He exclaims, pulling me into a hug.

I clear my throat and ignore my burning face as I wrap my arms around his waist.

"Hi," I mumble, trying to hide my blushing face and stupid grin by burying my face into his shirt.

"I have a surprise for you. A good one this time, I promise," he says, squeezing me gently and I hum in response, mostly because I've forgotten how to use language to express myself with him being this close to me.

Damn him and his stupid adorable self.

"Come on. It's on the roof," he says, pulling out of the hug and grabbing my hand to pull me to get to the roof.

"Us on a roof is not a good idea, Joon," I say as I try to focus on not tripping over my own two feet.

"Hey, if we fall off somehow, at least the death will be quick," he says in a reassuring tone and I snort in laughter.

"Always the optimist, I see," I say as we make our way up to the roof.

"Wait! Close your eyes," he says, swiftly turning around to face me once we've reached the door to the roof.

"You're not going to kill me, are you?" I ask suspiciously and he rolls his eyes.

"Isla, I'm a superhero. Not a-"

"Villain. Got it," I say, closing my eyes and sighing.

He grabs both of my hands in his to lead me onto the roof and when we step out, I feel the slight spring breeze in the air and I smile to myself.

"Okay. Open," he says after a moment and I slowly open my eyes and nearly pee my pants.

Namjoon, the stupid super adorable superhero, has set up a candlelight dinner under the stars.

Not real candles, of course. We'd catch the whole building on fire.

"Dimples," I whisper.

"I promised you a real date," he says, smiling at me.

"A date without coffee, porn, weapons, mirrors or lucky pencils," I say, remembering his promise that he made at the carnival. "But you also said no shoes."

"Right! Give me your shoes," he says, laughing as he holds out his hands.

I shrug and take off my Converse, putting them in his hands as he tosses them to the side.

And they both fall off the side of the roof.

"Oh. My bad," he says, rubbing the back of his neck.

"I expect nothing less from you," I sigh as he takes his own shoes off.

He leads me to the table, and I can feel drool sliding down my chin at the sight of the pizza.

"You're so disgusting," he laughs as he sees the spit on my chin.

"You should expect nothing less from me," I point out and he nods in agreement.

"I thought you were going to do this after we found the shrimp people?" I ask, raising my eyebrows and shoving a piece of pizza into my mouth.

Namjoon cringes at me but sighs before shrugging. "I did find them."

"You did??" I say through the food in my mouth.

"I told you I'd find them! Didn't you have faith in me?" He asks as he takes a bite of his own piece of pizza.

"Not even a tiny bit," I shrug as I start on my second piece of pizza.

"Why do I love you?" Namjoon says quietly and I choke on my pizza.

"Huh?!" I ask, hastily swallowing my last bite of food before staring at him wide-eyed while tomato sauce is smeared all over my face.

"You heard me," he sighs as he hands me a napkin. "You're gross, by the way."

"You can't just say that!" I squeak as I wipe the sauce off my face.

"Let's go get your shoes before someone steals them," he says, smiling at me and I stay in my seat, frozen like a statue with my mouth hanging open.

"Okay then. See you later," he says, rolling his eyes as he makes his way to the door.

I continue to stare at the empty pizza box as my brain has decided that it doesn't want to work anymore after hearing what that stupid super adorable superhero just said.

"Um, baby," I hear Namjoon say and I nearly poop myself.

"Did you just call me-"

"Can you stop being weird for two seconds?" He snaps and I gasp.

"I'm usually saying that to you," I say, finally coming back to my senses. "Since when did you become the normal one here?"

"Listen... don't beat me up when I tell you this please," he says, biting his lip in nervousness.

"Oh no. What did you do?" I ask, facepalming.

"Well, um... somehow, when we came up here and closed the door behind us, it locked itself," he says, staring at the ground.

"We're locked on the roof of my apartment building," I say.

"Yep," he responds.

"If I would've known we'd get stuck up here, I would've saved some pizza for later," I huff in annoyance.

"Wait. You're not mad at me?" He asks in disbelief.

"Dimples, I've come to realize that you don't do these things on purpose. It's not like you intentionally wanted us to die on a rooftop," I say, sighing.

"I love you," he blurts out and my eyes widen.

"Stop doing that! I'm too young to die from a heart attack!" I screech, holding my chest. "That's two times now that you've said that!"

"Well, I mean it," he shrugs as he walks up to me and holds his hand out to me. "Come here."

"Oh great. You're going to kill me," I say, slumping my shoulders in defeat.

Namjoon rolls his eyes and pulls me out of my chair before wrapping his arms around my waist.

"You're so overdramatic, Isla," he whispers before he presses his lips onto mine.