woops {17}

I got in the shower and started to wash my hair when i felt a very strong burning sensation on my hip. I looked down and there was a small chunk of skin missing.

"Huh guess i did get shot."

I continued my shower making sure to not get anymore soap in the wound. I got out and taped some gauze on it i got dressed and saw mel was asleep.

I told anna she could go back to her room and i went down stairs to get some water. When i got down stairs everything was cleaned up like it never happened. I went to the kitchen and got my water and a bag of chips and then back upstairs.

"Aurora come here we need to talk." Dante said from his door way.

I walked into his room.

"Sit."

I sat down on his bed and took a sip of my water.

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked.

"So when i tell you to stay somewhere to avoid getting hurt or killed you need to fucking listen." He said trying to control his anger.

"If i didn't come out you would have been killed and they would have found us but you don't want to admit that do you."

"That's not the point."

"Whatever im leaving."

I started to get up and leave and he grabbed my arm. I bumped into his chest and looked up at him.

"Yes?"

"Im sorry i wasn't trying to be rude but when yall don't listen i get yelled at by damiano. Listen I just don't want you to get hurt or melanie i truly care about you and-."

He put his hands on my hips.

"Ouch."

"Wh- did you get hurt?"

"Its really not that big of a deal dante chill."

"Let me see it."

"No dante its fine its just hurt when you touched it."

"Aurora."

"Oh my god fine."

I pulled up my shirt and pulled the gauze down.

"Rora you got shot that is a big deal."

"Its fine it doesn't even hurt i got skimmed by a bullet."

"This is skimmed."

He showed me a mark on his arm.

"If that when a centimeter closer it wouldn't have broken threw the skin. Come here."

I followed him to the bathroom and he pulled out a little kit thing.

"Uh go lay down."

I went to his bed and laid down. He came over and pulled my shorts out of the way of the wound and took off the gauze.

"Okay this is gonna hurt if you need to scream heres a pillow sorry in advance."

He grabbed a needle and started feeding the stitching string threw it. He started to stitch it and it hurt like a bitch. I grabbed the pillow and buried my face in it while squeezing it. It felt like thirty minutes but it was probably less then five. He came up and brushed my hair behind my head.

"Hey im done."

I moved the pillow away from my face.

"Oh i didn't know you were crying you could have asked me to take a break."

I didn't even know i was crying but i wiped the tears away. I got really tired and snuggled into the pillow.

"You can sleep in here just scoot up so i can put the blankets over you."

"Can you go check on mel make sure she didn't wake up."

"Yeah get some sleep."

His bed was super comfy so i fell asleep immediately.

I woke up and it was still dark out i saw dante sleeping on the couch in his room so i got up and walked over to him.

"Hey wake up."

"What?"

"You can go to your bed im gonna go to my room."

"Okay goodnight."

"Night."

He got up and i left. I walked into the room and saw mel in the middle of the bed with her legs pulled to her chest crying. I immediately ran over to the bed and pulled her onto my lap.

"W-w-where w-were you."

"I got hurt and i fell asleep in dantes room cause he helped me but I just woke up so I came in here. What's wrong hunny?"

"Everything, everything is wrong and now I cant leave cause I know about everything and there my family and I love them so, so much but I can't do this I don't know how you can. I gave up my life for this, my life. I cant go back to living a normal life."

"It's gonna be okay if you want ill train you more and you can get comfortable with guns and stuff so you can protect yourself and then we can talk to everyone about how you want to do stuff like if you want to be left out of the fighting and stuff."

"Okay, okay yeah."

"Alright get some more sleep and when we wake up ill train you some more with the guns and then later tonight we can talk to them."

She laid back down and laid down too.

I woke up and checked the time it was 10:30. Mel wasn't in the bed anymore but i heard the shower running. I had to pee so i went in the bathroom.

"Good morningggggg."

"Fucking bitch you scared me good morning."

"When your done showering and shit come down stairs and eat some breakfast and then we will go to the basement."

"Okay ill be down in like ten."

"Alright."

I went down and got my plate before sitting down at the table i started eating and melanie came down. I finished and went up to the room to change into some work out clothes.

I took the elevator down to the basement and mel was standing there waiting for me.

"Okay did you shoot a gun at all?"

"Nope i didn't even know there was a shooting range down here."

"Okay follow me."

I went and set up the paper for her to shoot at and then got a gun and loaded it.

"Here you go."

She barely grabbed it.

"Stop looking at it like that. Its not gonna go off endless tou make it. Show me how you think your supposed to hold it."

"Okay close just move this hand a little and grab it tighter than that."

She did as i told her.

"What now?"

"Shoot."

"I.. I cant."

I went behind her and put my finger over hers and pushed down so it went off. She jumped a little but started jumping excitedly. She ended up shooting the ground next to my foot.

"Woops."

"Okay dont be stupid and this time try to aim foe the heart or head."

She did as i told her is shot the paper outline three times in the head.

"Okay you can practice more tonight or tomorrow lets go work out."