chapter one : red heels

Charlie

I never liked the idea of standing up in the middle of broad day light while i manage to deal with two annoying costumers who wanted a discount for their pre-wedding shoot photos, how cheap could they be?

"You know what, i got all these equipments laying down right now and i got myself some time too, and if you think those are free then you better make up your mind."

They stopped arguing, i took my equipments with me and packed up the shooting scene. Those cheap skates are driving me insane since the day we made the deal, just a bonus for me to realize they could get any worse.

I flicked my wrist towards me to check on the time, it was 11am in the morning and I had two more shoots to get into before i finally get to rest, the idea of being a photographer was never my intention.

My eyes just like capturing people's smiles, it's weird to think about but i have it since i was a little kid. I would stole someone's camera to take pictures of the flowers, our backyard fences and even animals.

Medicine is something i wanted to pursue, i just don't have the money for it and maybe it's better to worry about what i am going to have for breakfast, lunch and dinner than to think about saving up for school. At 23 years old, i think i might as well  brag about something i have but there is nowhere to be but in my tiny apartment.

"Charlie?"

A familiar tone greet me, my head titled to the side before i eventually recognized him.

"Tim?.."

"TIMOTHEE!"

A friend in college, i never got to finish school ever since. But i always had Timothee checking on me every single day right after what happened to my father. He even covered up for his bills and medicines, even after i rejected him back then. 

"It's been so long.."

"How long have you've been back from London?"

A pretty and tall guy i must say, his all black suit made him out stand all the people who are walking here right now, mostly specially me in a white crop top and black n' red flannel.

"Just a few weeks ago, i had some business to run and how about you?"

He placed his arm around my shoulder and he slowly leaded me into this coffee place where me and him agreed it was a good place to catch up after several years.

"Kind of, out of my league."

He chuckled, he adjusted the sleeves of his suit before placing his hand on the top of the table. He was telling me this guy that he wanted me to meet since he seemed like I was his type.

We were just talking about our lives and as for him, having such privilege is fun and easy going unlike mine. Apartment due date is so soon and i haven't made a single cent in my pocket today.

"You can always come to me Charlie, you know that and i wouldn't ask for anything in return."

He smiled at me genuinely.

"I wanna offer you something, a job, at me."

My eyes widened.

"You cannot be serious, you've done so much already for me Timothee i don't think-"

He slide his card underneath my hand and took his other hand to place it on mine.

"Charlie, nothing is enough for a friend like you.."