Chapter 1 - Bad Impressions

Dipper's POV

It has been exactly one week since Mabel and I went to Gravity Falls. To clear things up, one week and it's already been a chaotic experience since we visited here. I therefore conclude that this town is indeed the "weirdest of the weirds". Just a week, a lot of weird creatures has been showing up. Gnomes, gobblewonker, ghosts and everything unbelievable that can be seen and beyond plain sight.

But then again, it's awesome to be here. For once, my life isn't as boring as before. Pairing up with my sister and being the Mystery Twins, battling creatures is amazing! I also found a journal that contains almost every secrets here in Gravity Falls. And what's most is, I got to know Wendy. She's really cool and I confess that I have a crush on her. But I wouldn't get my hopes up though because she's 15 and I'm only 12. I'm totally out of her league.

Now, Mabel and I are on our Grunkle Stan's car. Somehow, we got stuck on traffic because the town folks are gathered there and it seems like they are wearing old clothing. Why is that?

"Oh no! No, no, no!" Grunkle Stan exclaimed.

"Why are you-" I was going to ask why is he saying that but then he cut me off.

"It's Pioneer Day!" He shouted.

"What's wrong with Pioneer Day?" I continued to ask.

"Every year, the town folks celebrate the day Gravity Falls was found. They wear silly clothes and acts like they are from the 70's. It's really annoying!" Stan explained.

"Okay?" I said, almost like it was a question because of I'm uncertain what to reply. I turned to my right to see Mabel who were eating nachos.

"Come on! Let's go see what.. Pioneer Day is all about." I said and she nodded.

"But first, let's get into the Pioneer Day spirit!" She put on a nacho on each ear as it was just like earings and then she put on a sweater. I think it just looks silly but I just let it slide.

We got out of the car and we decided to go into the "Pioneer Day Commencing Ceremony". Once we got there, I saw a man, his wife and a girl that looks wealthy and poshy.

"Hi. My name is Pacifica Northwest, the grand daughter of the founder of Gravity Falls, my great-grandfather Nathaniel Northwest. I'm also very rich." I frowned at the announcement she just made. What a big head she have and clearly she doesn't know anything about modesty.

"Now may I have a volunteer and speak about themselves? You there." She pointed out Mabel and of course, Mabel agreed and comes up.

"Hi! My name is Mabel Pines and let's get this Pioneer Day started! USA! USA! USA!" Mabel enthusiastically said.

"USA! USA! USA!" The crowd cheered and exclaimed. Of course I joined the crowd. I looked at Pacifica and I can tell she doesn't agree with Mabel.

"Hold up! Hold up! I think you're just to silly to participate. I mean, nacho earings and a silly sweater? What's that all about?" By what she said, the crowd laughed at her leaving Mabel very embarrassed. Mabel exited the stage and ran elsewhere. I frowned at Pacifica and I ran off to find where Mabel has gone to.

Luckily, I found her quickly. She was sitting on the stairs where the statue of the founder is at and I can see that she's down and sad.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked her while placing my hand on her shoulder for comfort.

"Do you think I'm...silly?" What am I gonna say? She clearly is silly, I just don't want to break her heart. I remain speechless.

"I was right! I am silly! Nacho earings! This silly sweater!" She threw her nacho earings and took her sweater and wrapped it on her waist. I remain the sympathetic look on hers.

"Hey. Don't listen to that poshy girl. Even if you are silly, that has benefits...to me, personally." Yes, it's all Pacifica's fault. She's the one that's to blame. The nerves of that girl!

Well, that made Mabel a little bit better but I know she wouldn't move on to what Pacifica said. Ugh! That Pacifica is so full of herself. I haven't even met her personally but I can already tell she's boastful. And making Mabel sad crosses the line.

I'm mad at her.

I hate her.