Chapter 12 - The Unexpected Visitor

Three Weeks Later

Pacifica's POV

I started walking to the room where this year's party will be held. As I did, I already heard my parents probably taking everything ready.

"Preston, I must say, the guest list for this year's party has so much diversity!" I heard my mom saying.

"Yes, a nice mix of millionaires and billionaires." I heard my dad saying as I entered the hallway. He then swats the servant with his newspaper. He probably did something wrong though my dad shouldn't have done that.

"Put the oyster fork at an angle!" Dad commanded. "We're not animals, man."

"Now where the devil is--? My mom said-- Wait? Did she just called me a devil? Anyway, I curtsy to show a fancy impression.

"Pacifica! What did I tell you about that dress? The theme is sea foam green, not lake foam green! Go change!" My mom scolded.

"But, I- I kinda like it." I replied. I do like the style of the dress, not so much on the green color but for a change, sure.

Plus, it reminded me of someone.

Dipper.

My mind reminded me great things when I see the color green. Nature, the seminar, our team and him.

In conclusion, green should be the holy color.

And another style of color will be nice for a change.

"Mind your mother, Pacifica."

"But--" I was about to argue more but then 'Preston here' rang his bell on me. Ugh, I hate it when he does that. But still, I know what they are capable of. They can take away my possessions or anything financially.

"Yes, father." I said, sadly.

Then the ground begins to shake, while at the table, plates and utensils clatter. Me, my parents and their staff just stared and gasped.

"Oh no! It's... happening."

Furniture and dinnerware fly at the unfortunate individuals present, while everyone either ducks or hides underneath tables.

"You are my possessions! My dad swats a plate away while saying. "Obey me!"
But more things flew at him. He screams and ducks underneath the table. Me and mom did as well.

"This is a disaster! The party's in just 24 hours!" Mom said.

"Surely there's someone who can handle this sort of nonsense!" Then his newspaper flew and somehow he caught it. He looked at a newspaper and I was shocked. It was exactly three weeks since I last saw him.

"And I think I know just the person..." Oh my. Where is this going?

I have no idea.

_________________________________

Mabel's POV

It has been three weeks since we're taking the mysteries to ourselves. Dipper is really desperate to find the author and I think we have a few evidences to find out the author of the precious journal.

Only yesterday we went on a the author's bunker, looking for clues. We definitely found one. Soos found a laptop, belonging to the author. Wendy rejected Dipper which was more awesome! I mean, I feel bad for him.

Not really.

Sorry for being rude but they aren't my ship. Ha! Sorry, not sorry.

Now, we're scheduled to watch a movie today. About some horror movie of course with my friends Candy and Grenda. But yeah, let's just say I'm not into that. I'm into.. Let me give a hint.. The grandest party ever!