Chapter 11 - Sob to Misery

Dipper's POV

She's gone.

And it's probably our last time I get to see her. She's still rich, therefore out of my league. I was totally lucky that I get to be her frienemy. I never appreciated that until she was gone.

"Hey hey Dip-Dip!" An arm wrapped my shoulder from behind and as I turn around, it was my sister. I frowned by what she called me, though I was also happy she wasn't sad that her team came on last place.

"Don't call me that." I retorted.

"Sheesh bro. I just wanted to ask if you want to eat."

"I lost my appetite." Funny. I do lost my appetite when earlier today, I was eager to kneel to Pacifica for her to join me eat.

"Losing someone is tough, isn't it?" Mabel asked.

"What? You mean Pacifica. Her? I would miss her? Hah! Please." But I know I do miss her. I was just lying because from other's point of view, they know we're frienemies.

Honestly, I was hoping I would see Mabel frown but I found her giggling. And I know that giggle.

"Wait a minute. That's your "you know something I don't know" giggle. You're hiding something from me, are you? Come on. Spit it out." I said.

"W-What? No, I-I would never hide something from my bro. No, no, never. Na-ah. Never in a million years. No."

Man, she suck at lying. Saying words repeatedly is a sign that she is lying.

"Verbal diarrhea aye? You suck at lying. Anyway, I will let that pass."

"So.. I still need your answer. You still want to eat or not?" She asked.

"I think it's time we go home as well." I said in a cold tone. Then I held her arm and I started walking, pulling her arm along the way. Seriously, I was seriously being serious than before. Seriously being serious that I was being redundant. This mood just carried my emotions.

"What!? You know if you miss her, you shouldn't join me on your crankiness." She let go of my hand and said.

"Look. I'll be here, eating this probably delicious fried chicken. While you, go home and sob to misery, okay?" She pointed out.

"I'm not going to cry but yeah. I think I'll go home now. See you later." I said, waved goodbye to her and walked home alone.

________________________________

Pacifica's POV

I'm toast.

Mom had it all wrong. Not all wrong, only the "Dipper asking me to be his girlfriend part".

Though, I wanted it to be real.

No matter, I'm still doomed anyway.

We're back at the Manor now. I haven't made a single eye contact on my parents because I know they will only give me a glare in return. I just sat on the living room couch, still staring at the tile floor. Mom and dad sat beside me, as we're going to have a confrontation right this second. I still never bothered to look at them though.

"Pacifica Elise Northwest." Mom started. Still I never looked to her face to face.

"Uhm.."

"Look into my eyes. Tell us Pacifica. Is that the kind of seminar you are joining?"

"Don't be mad at me! You're the one who made me join that seminar." I retorted.

"I didn't know Pacifica, sorry. I'm going to tell them to stop their seminar to get it over with."

"No. Don't. I actually..like the seminar." I said.

"Seriously Pacifica. I saw you almost eating that what they call food. What are you even doing in that seminar?"

"You know.. Uhm.. Climbing ropes and crawling in mud are part of-"

"Really Pacifica? And you're saying you like that seminar?" She asked. Is it too different to be true?

"Y-Yeah. It's kind of gross but fun." I said.

"Gross is not the definition of fun, you know." Mom is seriously getting into my nerves. Is trying something new illegal for me?

"It can be fun if you try."

"W-What happened to you? You're not our daughter we use to know." Dad joined.

"Maybe I'm not. But I learned so many things from that seminar."

"What? You learned to be like them?" That's it. Time to get angrier.

"Yes. And for the first time in my life, I had fun. It's actually better than my life in the Manor alone with fake friends and dominant parents." You know.. It took courage to rebel on your parent's behavior. I'm kind of proud of myself right now.

"What did you just say to us?"

Dominant, controlling, rude.. Oh man, if only I can continue saying this to their faces.

"You heard what I said. I'm not going to say it again." I said, crossing my arms in the process. Then I stood from my chair and walked away from the living room and from them.

"Stop Pacifica." I ignored my mother's annoying voice.

"W-What about that boy?" I stopped walking when I heard my mother talking about him. He's talking about him, Dipper.

"What about him?" I asked, confused.

"We're friends." I continued.

"What are you doing with that boy when me and Preston specifically told you that you should never talk to the lower people?"

Great, they weren't just controlling.. They are also racists now. That's what racist is right?

Whatever.

"Dipper told me we're all the same. Society only made it unfair to the people who have a simple and normal life." I explained.

"So that's his name. Can't you see? He's a bad influence."

"No he's not. It's the opposite really. He changed me. I'm not the cruel Pacifica anymore. I learned to be humble because of him."

"Who said you're cruel. We're just being pride to our heritage."

"Other term for boasting." I whispered to myself. My parents heard though but I don't care anymore.

"You're getting in my nerves Pacifica. I don't want you to go to that seminar ever again."

"What?!" I exclaimed.

"Yes. Also I don't want to see you with that boy.. Dipper."

"Again, what?!" I exclaimed again. I can live without going to that seminar you know but Dipper..

"No.. No way. I will never." I said in a straight tone. Then dad ringed my bell, meaning I have to do what they say or they are going to punish me. I have no choice. I was raised to do everything they say or else. I have no choice but to say..

"O-Okay." I said, but I regret saying it.

"I-I need to go shower..." I continued walking away from them.

And I think I'll sob to misery on the way.