Chapter 14 - Lie, Lie, Lie

Dipper's POV

Fact: I'm going to die.

Curious Fact: My socks doesn't match.

Sad Fact: Me and Pacifica are going to die together.

And it's not a story where we're going to be together in heaven because I'm pretty sure that's not how it works. If Pacifica won't let me in now, we're done for.

"Just let me in!" I shouted, pushing her out of the way. But it claims that she's pushing me away as well.

"Just find another way!" She grabbed my journal but I won't let her so we ended up fighting for it. She dashed me and we ended up wondering on a room that is quite mysterious.

"Ahh... What is this place?" I asked.

"That's weird. I don't even know where this room is."

"Hopefully the ghost doesn't either."

"Yeah, maybe we're safe." A sheet behind her seems to come alive, reaching out to swallow her.

"Pacifica, watch out!"

"Aaaaah!"

"YOUR FATE IS SEALED!" The ghost pursues Pacifica, knocking over a box of silver dishes, utensils and other objects. And then I saw..

"A silver mirror!"

"PREPARE TO DIE, NORTHWEST!" He raises his ax and charges Pacifica but I dashed in front of her, holding the silver mirror. Me and Pacifica were knocked out of a first floor window, become entangled in a window drape and fall down a short hill. I think we captured the ghost on the way but I'm not sure.

"Did you get him?" I looked at the mirror, still holding it.

"NO! FREE ME!" He started pounding on the mirror's interior and it seems he can't escape.

"Haha! Yes!"

"We did it!" Before I even knew it, she was hugging me. Eyes widen on what she's doing, and then she backs off awkwardly. She clears her throat and holds out a dollar, avoiding eye-contact with me.

"Can I pay you to pretend that never happened, again?"

This does happened before, on the seminar as I can still recall. Fate is really playing with us.

I told Pacifica's parents that I already captured him and so they are meeting me here in the garden right now.

"Well, Pacifica, you really found the right man for the job." Then he snaps his fingers, and then their butler shakes my hand.

"We can't thank you enough." Her mom told me. "That's enough." And so the butler stops shaking my hand.

Okay? I thought to myself.

"Hey, just holding up my end of the deal." I spoke and turns to leave

"Wait, leaving already?" Pacifica asked. "You're at the world's best party, dummy."

"Heh, I'd love to stay, but I've got a Category 10 ghost to dispose of." Not caring about where I'm going, I stupidly walked into a garden pillar.

"Aah! Heh heh... Category 10." We both laughed as I left.

I'm into the outer garden now when I heard the ghost laughing.

"What are you laughing about, man? I defeated you."

"You've been had, boy. You remind me of me a hundred and fifty years ago."

"What do you mean?" I asked.