Chapter 13 - Carrier

Dipper's POV

Three words.

Pacifica

Was

Extremely

Beautiful.

Okay, that wasn't exactly three words but you can't blame me for not thinking straight right now. Pacifica looks so pretty. She's wearing a light green dress and heels to match with it. She's also wearing hoops as a finishing touch.

Wait. Was I checking her out?

"Dipper... Dipper!" I heard blur sounds of someone yelling my name. I shaked my head to get back in reality.

"W-What?" I asked, confused.

"You totally blocked out there for more than seconds." Pacifica said. You alright?"

"Y-Yeah. What are you doing here?" I asked, stuttering.

Play it cool Dipper.

"There's a ghost hunting Northwest Manor. If you don't help me, my family will be doomed and worst."

"Hmm... I don't know. We're watching a movie here." That was surprisingly too cool.

"Please, name the price. I'll give you anything."

"Wait. I'm making a big decision here." I said.

"And what is that?"

"This fine horror movie or Pacifica.." I joked.

"Ha. Ha. Hilarious. Do you know how much I walked to get here? Let me also remind you that I'm wearing heels so basically, my feet are tired. I really need your help. I'll give you anything."

I was just joking. Of course I'll help her. But she's totally getting my indirect no's seriously. She sure is desperate about this.

"Dipper!" I heard my sister say from behind.

I walked towards her and she leaned in my ear, trying to whisper something.

"We do need something. We need tickets for the party.." She whispered.

"Fine."

"Okay. Sure thing Pacifica." I said. In exchange, I need three tickets to the party."

"You're just lucky I'm desperate." She said, then giving me the invitations.

"Wait. You said earlier that your feet are tired, yes?" I reassured.

"Yeah, why?" She asked, and I just gave her a smirk in return. I was still not thinking clearly so stupidly, I carried her bridal style, making her fairly surprised.

"Whoa! What!?"

"Come on girls. Let's go." I heard Mabel said. Okay, this is weird. The worst part is, Mabel and her friends are seeing what I'm doing.

"You said your feet are tired right?" I reassured.

"Well.. Yes."

"Then you don't have to walk to your house anymore." I explained. Not a great reason to be a carrier to a fancy girl but good enough.

"But this is so awkward." She said, but I still continued to carry her while we all walk.

"You know we're used to these things." I said, without even thinking. It took me seconds to realize that this made us more awkward than before. We hugged multiple times and now this.

But I do hope she likes our moments.

Did my brain seriously said that?

I looked at my sister who gave me a smug look then I looked at Pacifica who is..blushing?

"Oh. I made you blush!" I exclaimed and she giggled. For some reason, that made me conclude she like our awkward moments. Or should I even call it awkward because somehow I feel..warm and safe when I'm having this moments with her. I sure hope she feels the same.

"Seriously though." Pacifica started. "If we get to the Manor, you need to put me down or my mom will kill me."

"Why?" I asked.

"I..can't tell."

A walk to their so called Manor does feel tiring. But we made it though. She excused herself because she said she has to change because her mom doesn't agree with the "lake foam green". We all agreed to give her time and here we are, waiting outside for Pacifica.

Then she showed her new look. She was wearing a rather more fancier purple dress, she's also wearing dark purple gloves and diamond earings to match.

Okay, I'm checking her out again.

"Welcome to the Northwest Manor, dorks."

Wow. This is her house? It's spacious, and has really amazing designs.

"Uhm.. Dipper. My mom doesn't agree with you going here with that look so you have to change."

She held my hand and led the way. She then gave me a fancy tuxedo. I didn't agree to wear it at first but so I thought it would be great for a change so I wore it. She was extremely close when she tied the tie on my tuxedo. Yet, it wasn't awkward at all.

After that, she led me to some place else.

"This is the room where the ghost has been hunting."

"Don't worry. I'm just going to sprinkle him with some anointed water and he'll be gone in no time." I said. "Now we just need to locate where the ghost is." I showed my ghost detector and I followed wear the ghost is active.

It showed that it was active on this really creepy painting of a manly wood chopper. Then, my detector stopped working. I smacked it to work then I saw the painting of the man was gone. I was shocked and I was even more shocked when I saw the ceiling dropping blood!

"Uhm.. Pacifica.." I said.

The fire on the chimney literally exploded then a ghost appeared.

"Ah!" I held her hand and I led her to hide under a small table.

"Just read through your dumb book already."

"Okay and it's not dumb okay. This book is going to save our life." I told her. As I lit the neon light that I have, the solution showed "Pray for mercy."

"Seriously."

Then the table floated, making the ghost see us.

"Let's go!" I exclaimed. We ran to the courtyard as I was also looking on my journal. Then I finally know the solution.

"Oh. A level ten ghost can be trapped using a silver mirror!" I told her. We ran to their house to look for a silver mirror, the ghost still chasing us.

As we ran to the hallway, there it is. A silver mirror, finally! I was leaving mud tracks all over the place but I don't care. I was about to step on their carpet to reach it then..

"Not the carpet! My mom is going to kill me." She stopped me.

"Pacifica! We're about to die if you'll not going to let me in." I told her, panicking inside.

"But.. This is my mom's favorite carpet pattern."

"Why are you so scared of your parents?" I asked her, now being impatient. The ghost is going to get us any second!

"I can't tell."

The ghost is going to get us!

Okay, this is it. We're going to die. And the worst is, I'm going to die and Pacifica is there, yet I can't tell her how I feel.