Chapter 19 - Clear as Water

The Next Day

Prescilla's POV

I was still half asleep, until the telephone started ringing. Preston is still asleep so I didn't bother to wake him up.

I picked up the phone on my nightstand and then..

"Hello?"

"Mrs. Northwest. I found your daughter." I was shocked, the first news of the day and it was good.

"How?! Where?!" I blurted, really quick.

"Shh.. Pardon but we're still sneaking. I mean hiding..well you know what we mean. Anyway, it seems like she has her phone with her. And so we tracked her by using a GPS cellphone tracker. And we found her in the woods, camping with some..friends."

"So.." I said, already being impatient.

"It seems like her friends are packing to go to their house I guess. We're going to find out what they're goin- Oh wait, it's her! Pacifica! She finally woke up!" One of the detectives said through the phone. It went silent for I while, so I assumed quickly that they were going to decline.

"Don't hang up!" I stated, "I wanna hear what's happening."

"If you say so boss. But we have to stay quiet so you can't really hear anything until they go to their house."

"I'm okay with that." I said.

It went silence through some minutes. I was being an idiot, sticking the phone in my ear yet no one is saying anything. And I was being impatient by the second.

Sighing.

Staring at the ceiling.

More sighing.

Another minutes of sighing.

"Oh my! Boss! She's in the Mystery Shack! I repeat, she's in the Mystery Shack!" Finally someone said. I was so desperate for news that I jumped on the bed like a kid.

Less fancy as you can say.

"Okay, I'm coming there. Stay hidden." I stated.

"Sure thing." He said and just then, I hanged up.

I noticed Preston, still sleeping. I now see where Pacifica's tiredness came from.

"Preston, wake up!" I called. I watched him, rubbing his eyes and yawned.

"We have to go somewhere!"

"What is it?" He asked.

"I know where Pacifica is!"

________________________________

Pacifica's POV

I woke up alone, no one was here in the tent. Assumingly, they might have woke up earlier than me.

I got up and got out of the tent. And then I saw them, packing their things. We must be going home now. I falsely coughed to make them notice me, and so they did.

"Hey Pacifica. I've been noticing you always get up late."

"Yeah. Just tired I guess." I said to Dipper.

"Anyway, let's set the tent and go home."

"Let's do it."

We disassembled the tent and packed all our things. It probably took about just ten minutes.

We.. I mean they carried our things and then we started walking home. Dipper is really good in directions and I'm so thankful for that. It's because of him we're not lost and here at the Shack safe and sound.