Chapter 5 "The Private Sessions"

Cato's PoV

Private sessions were today; I would probably get a 10 again. It was the average scores for the Careers anyway. Atlas was called up first; I haven't made eye contact with him since the fight. I wait patiently as Atlas leaves after his private session. He scowls at me and smiles at Clove. I just ignored it but I swear I would kill him in the arena. They call me up and I walk up, excited. I look at the sword and the machete... I'll go with the machete this time because I used the sword last time. I walk up to the dummies and sliced a few heads off, knocked over 3 and jabbed my sword right through 2 of them. The Gamemakers clap and I bow and head out. I hug Clove and whisper in her ear, 'Throw like you always do." She smiles and enters the room.

I walk to the elevator looking at the other tributes nervously waiting for their turn. The door closes and the ground moves up quickly to the apartment. Flux was here now and comes running to the elevator when it opens.

"How did you go?" He asks impatiently.

"Pretty good, as easy as the last time."

"Good job." He says while walking into a room where a sleepy Ivory walks out, completely ignoring everything.

I glance over at the dining table but there was nothing there. I let out a loud sigh and go to my room. I close the door behind me and grab the remote that changes the room background. I sit on the edge of the bed and switch through the different scenes. One of them reminded me of the beach where Clove and I had our wedding reception at. I set the remote down and listen to the sound of the crashing waves peacefully. The door opens slightly; Clove walks in and sits down next to me.

"Remind you of something?" I ask.

"Hmm... our wedding." She says while smiling.

"Yeah." I say while raking my fingers through her dark hair. I stare into her dark green eyes. She glances over to my lips and back to my eyes. I see her bite her own lip and turn red. I slowly close my eyes and I could feel our lips touch. My hand holding the back of her neck and her fingers clenching the end of my shirt. I tilt my head to one side and my bottom lip is between hers. I can feel jumps through my shirt, my heart beating wildly. A knock on the door causes us to pull apart.

"Time for dinner now!" Ivory says from the other side.

Clove gets up first, smiling at the ground. I follow after her to the dinner table, where Flux and Ivory are eating and chatting about the interviews tomorrow. We all eat as fast as we can and then Flux turns the TV on. Everyone else races to the couch and Caesar Flickerman appears on the screen. Atlas was the first one to be on the screen; he got the training score of 10 surprisingly. Genevieve also got the same score; I didn't know what weapon she used though. My turn now...no way I could beat them. 11? The same score that Katniss got. Everyone cheers and Clove gives me a giant hug. It was Clove's turn now and her score was 11 too! We only stay to see Silver and Aidan's score which were both also 10. The Careers would be even harder to beat this time.

Clove's PoV

I couldn't believe I got an 11! Once the door of our room closed, I run up to Cato and jump. He catches me and I push my lips against his. I can feel us laughing and kissing at the same time. We both pull away and tuck ourselves in. I cuddle up against him and think about the Games. We were definitely going to win this time. Our high training scores would get us a lot more sponsors. The sun was going down now and sky looked beautiful, with the mix of purple, pink and light orange. Cato holds me tighter and kisses me on my forehead.

"I don't care about winning, I just want you to get out alive." He says quietly.

"We will win, together."

"I don't want to go through the pain of losing you again."

"Then don't make me go through it because I can't lose you, ever." I say.

"I love you." He says while I focus on the colour of his eyes.

"I love you too."

The bright beautiful colours in the sky faded away to the dark mysterious night.