Chapter 1 (Tris POV)

New city.
New school.
New house.
New life.

My family has moved from the northern part of Phoenix, Arizona to Chicago, Illinois. My dad, Andrew Prior, is working for the city council and my mom is a stylist. So we're kind of an upper class family. I'm excited to see what my new school will be like, hopefully I'll make a little more friends here than I did at my old school. I was so awkward and not used to people except the two girls I befriended.

It took almost 3 hours to fly from Arizona to Illinois, and once we got off the plane we had a driver take us to our house. The house is very spacious and already furnished and has large windows in almost every single room and a gorgeous backyard with a small pond. The stair case is iron and goes up in a spiral. This house is amazing! I run to my room and it has a bathroom connected to it. I run back outside and take a photo of the house with my iPhone when I hear my mother.

"Beatrice!" she yells.

"Yes!" I respond back.

"You should head to bed because tomorrow I'm taking you shopping for new clothes for school." She says.

With my mother being a stylist, I know she won't go wrong with clothes. I run up the stairs to my bed and fall asleep.