Chapter 12 (Tris and Four POV)

After my amazing night with Tris, I drive home and my mind is buzzing with thoughts. The way we kissed and touched each other while we were in the garden.

Her moans while I kissed her neck and raven tattoo. The way we held each other at the waist.

The way her hands ran through my hair while I was kissing her.

The way her soft lips felt against mine.

I've never felt this way, but I like it.

I come back to reality and at a stoplight I check my phone for the time. 10:36 p.m.

Shit! Marcus told me to be home by 10:00. My heart beat accelerates and it feels like a weight is in my stomach, I know I'm going to get beaten. My good mood is immediately transformed into anxiousness. I pull into the driveway and take deep breath before getting out of the car. Hopefully he's already asleep so I can sneak to my room.

I walk in and slowly close the door, trying to be silent.

"Son." He says, his deep voice startling me.

Fuck.

"I thought I told you to be back from your date by 10:00."

I stand, motionless, like my limbs are made of lead and my body feels extremely heavy. I can't find words to say to him, because I'm afraid that if I say the wrong thing that I'll get beaten even worse than usual.

"You know what to do, Tobias." He says before standing up from the couch. He removes his belt from his pant loops and holds it in his hand. I still can't move my body. "NOW!" He shouts before hitting me in the face with the belt. I recoil and hold my face, a stinging in my cheek.

I take off my jacket and button up shirt and cower on the ground in front of Marcus's feet. My knees tremble. The beating starts in 3,2,1.

I feel the belt make contact with my back and I wince. I wipe my sweaty palms on my pants and try to hold them steady.

"You're such a worthless piece of shit."

He hits me again and I feel a wound forming already. Tears drop from my eyes while my head is down. Another hit. Blood drips from a cut he's made. He hits me about another 10-20 times before shoving me on the ground, my body quaking.

"Go clean yourself up." He says casually.

He puts his belt back on. He comes over and punches me before walking to the kitchen.

I limp up the stairs and I collapse on the ground. Whenever he beats me this hard I feel faint. I try to go to the bathroom before I vomit all over myself, and I fall again by the sink. Drops of blood making a trail from my room to the bathroom. I reach for my phone in my pocket and try to dial a number for help. Marcus needs to pay for all of the damage he has caused.

He has to.

After I call the police, I text Tris.

Four- "Help."

Tris- "What's wrong?"

I have a huge lump in my throat and I start crying softly as my vision starts blacking at the edges and my heart feels like it's about to explode from beating so fast. I realize why I'm about to pass out.

I'm losing so much blood.

I can't die.

Not when my life was actually starting to go right.

I can't leave Tris by herself. I can't.

TRIS POV

I'm concerned about Four. After I responded to his text he didn't answer. I need to know what happened, and whatever it is I hope it isn't bad. I start to text everyone about Four.
~Group message~