Chapter 15 (Tris POV)

After my visit with Tobias in the hospital, we decide to just hang out together at Zeke and Uriah's house. Me and Christina occasionally looking at each other.

We still haven't exactly made up and forgave each other, face to face.

"I'm glad that Tobias is okay, it's just ridiculous! Like how could his father abuse his own son and kill his own wife?" Uriah asks, obviously still in shock from what Tobias just told them.

"I know." I say, barely audible.

"What?" Uriah asks raising an eyebrow.

"I said I know. It's horrible what he's gone through." I shake my head.

"I'm not trying to be rude, but why wouldn't he tell us earlier? We've known him for years, and he just now told us." Christina says.

Everyone turns their heads and looks at her.

Could she sound anymore disrespectful?

"Do you hear yourself right now?" I shout.

"Tris, please just-"

"Just what?! Tobias is going through a huge ordeal right now and you're making it all about yourself and how he should've told you earlier! Do you ever think of anyone but yourself? Have some respect!"

I leave the room and slam the door and run my hands through my hair.

I still cannot believe she said that.

"Tris! Tris wait. I'm sorry." Christina calls out.

"Leave me alone." I demand.

"Tris, wait!" She grabs my arm and I yank it away.

"I don't wanna talk to you. Especially after what you just said to me. I'm not in the mood." I say with my back to her.

I continue walking and she sighs.
"Look, I wasn't thinking right. What I said was selfish and rude and definitely not appropriate to say with everything that is going on. I'm truly sorry that I just said that. It's a bad habit I just say whatever comes to my mind."

"Well you should control your fuckin' habit."

"Tris-"

"You had just apologized for bugging him about it once he told us. You cried! Yet now your back to this. You're all over the place. Make up your mind!"

"Tris. I'm sorry. You can hate me for the rest of your life if you want. But I genuinely apologize. I don't want to loose my best friend." She says sadly.

I take a few deep breaths.
"Alright I forgive you Chris."

She shrieks and hugs me so hard that I can barely breathe.

"Chris!"

"Oh, sorry." She exhales and looks at me. "I'll make up for my behavior some how Tris."

"It's fine."

"No it isn't, I totally disrespected Tobias and you. I definitely understand why he'd tell you first. He's got it bad for you Tris. When you aren't around, he gushes about you, he really loves you, you know that right?"

"Yeah, I know he loves me. I love him back." I reply.

"That's good, that you two are loyal to each other. And that you care about him. Like how Will and I care about each other."

"Yeah. Anyways lets go back."

We walk into the theater room and sit next to each other.

"Everything okay?" Shauna asks.