Chapter 26 (Tris POV)

I wake up with an insufferable throbbing in my head. My body feels like it's been made of lead, my bones feel heavy. I try to lift my body and I rub my eyes and see that I'm in a room. The walls are black, and the bed is about Queen sized, and a neutral shade of gray. The lights hurt my head even more and I squint.

Where am I?

All of the things that happened last night come rushing into my head.

I drank way too much. I vomited a few times. But how did I end up here?

I look and see a bunch of blankets and a few pillows on the ground, and I hear shower water running. I drag myself out of the bed and look out of the window.

I'm at Tobias's house.

Why am I here?!

I remember how we ran into each other outside of the club and how I cursed him out and yelled at him. I told him I didn't want to see him. He explained something to me, but I can't remember what it was. The shower water stops and I tense up. Should I act like I'm asleep, or should I talk to him?

Tobias walks in, water glistening his chest, and a towel is wrapped around his bottom half.

"Good morning." He says.

"What am I doing here?" I immediately ask.

"You were really drunk last night and you fell and hit your head on a fire hydrant. You were knocked unconscious so I took you and put you in my bed." He admits.

"Wasn't Christina supposed to-"

"You got out of the car with me when Christina decided to drop me off. They tried telling you to get back in the car but you just growled at them."

"Did we-, did you....?"

"No, Tris. We didn't sleep together. That's why I slept on the floor."

"Tobias, you know I'm mad at you. You know that we're over." I spit.

"Yes," he says sadly. "I know that, but please just listen to me."

"I've already heard enough. I've seen enough." I state coldly.

"You really think I'd hurt you like that?" He furrows his brows.

"I don't know what to think or who to trust anymore!" I shout.

"Tris." He says quietly.

"No! I'm tired of being fucked over by people who I love!"

"Yes! I fucked up Tris, I'm not perfect. I was just in shock when she did that."

"Tobias. I loved you. You promised that you wouldn't let her get in between us, and I see you there with her, and it felt like my whole world fell apart. Do you know how hurt I was? I just don't understand why-" he silences me by kissing me.

I'm taken by surprise at first, my hands in the air, but they soon find their way to his waist. Relief fills me. He still loves me. We don't break away from each other for a while, I especially don't want his moment to end. I've been craving his touch. Craving the butterflies that appear in my stomach whenever he kisses me, just craving him.

I want this kiss to last an eternity.

I've missed this.

I've missed this so much.

I was irrational, I should've calmed down and listened to him instead of trying to cut him off. But I'm glad that we're together, in each other's presence. Our lips connecting for the first time since that day, and it's the best feeling.