Chapter 9

POV Narrator

Atalanta had moved to the ledge of the rocks and cried softly to herself

Tear streaming down her face as her vision turned blurry.

"Legolas, get them up."

"Give them a moment for pity's sake!"

"By nightfall these hills will be swarming with Orcs! We must reach the woods of Lothlórien. Come Boromir!"

"Enough! A moment is all we need Aragorn!" Atalanta snarled at the man making him stop in his tracks looking to the woman.

Her eyes hint on the red hue as her eyes were swarmed with tears.

"Legolas! Gimli! Get them up!"

Aragorn spoke turning away from her even with a heavy heart.

Boromir moved to Atalanta's side. He took a soft rag with a bit of his water splashed on it before gently nudged her chin up.

She looked to Boromir who had a heavy look upon his face.

"Let's clean you up..." he whispered gently rubbing the blood off her face and she silently cries as she stared the man down.

He searched her face and she tried to give him a smile but it couldn't form. He moved from her face to her hands and cleaned the bloody hands.

"Thank you..." she whispered and he nodded before holding his hand out to her.

"Come on...."

She placed her hand in his before he pulled her into his side and for now she doesn't complain.

"Carry me?" She whispered softly to him and even if the man was tired he could see she no longer had the strength to keep moving at the fast pace they were going at.

Boromir picked the woman up by her thighs letting her wrap herself around his body.

He tucked his head in her neck and the woman smelt of blood, sweat, ash....but she also smelt of soft flower field.

"Thank you..." she whispered to him tucking her head into his neck. Letting her eyes close as she tried to reign in her emotions.

They moved as fast as they could yet Boromir couldn't move as fast as the others thanks to the woman who clung to him.

If he even thought about removing her from his grasp, she just clutched him tighter.

Aragorn and Legolas both looked back to make sure they were okay. Gimli slowed to make sure, even going so far as to touch her back and ask.

Atalanta just nods her head of him and Boromir just brings a hand up to cup her complex braided head.

The edge of the Lothlórien forest comes into view and the woman just became unresponsive to the males around her.