Chapter 11

POV Atalanta

"So my lady..."

I turn my head to the voice looking to the hobbits. Merry was in front of me while pippin was with Gimli and Legolas.

Frodo and Sam with Aragorn.

"Yes little one?" I asked Pippin who was grinning to me.

"If you don't mind me asking....how old are you? I know elves are older and you treat the high lady back there as if she was younger than you." He spoke and I raised a brow at him. I've never seen him pay so much attention to something that wasn't food.

"I can pay attention when I want too!" He spoke defending himself and Merry just shook his head.

"Damn Pip...."

"Don't you know it's rude to ask a woman her age?" Sam spoke from across the boats.

"It is okay darlings. I treat Lady Galadriel like she is younger than me because she is."

They were all stunned into silence.

"She is my niece."

The only noise that could heard was water moving and that made me smile at their baffled expressions.

"Does that answer your question young hobbit?"

He just stuttered to answer and I just chuckle before relaxing back into my spot.

"Leaving a hobbit to his curiosity could be a dangerous thing." Boromir spoke in a low tone keeping an eye on the coast as did I.

"Yes, they can create such vivid and wild tales if given the time."

"Is it true though?"

"What do you mean?" I asked him and he motioned to me.

"That she is your niece?"

I nodded my head and he hmmm for a moment. "Will you ever tell us your age?"

Looking down I shrugged my shoulders.

"Do you really want to know?"

"Yes." He spoke and I crossed my arms and tilted my head back letting the hood fall some.

My ears open listening to the woods.

"The last time I checked which I could be wrong, I would have to ask my niece since she is the one who keeps up with all of that but.... I'm 9,262 years or around that age."

Aragorn spit out the water he was slowly drinking as he stared to me.

Legolas was wide eyed. He knew I was old but not that old.

"You were alive since the first age then?!"

"I was alive yes but we did not live within middle earth at that time. I was still a very young child when those wars started to happen. My father received news that Balrogs were using dragons as their way to get around. Then when the dark lord Morgoth, Sauron's master, used one of the elders to fight against the people he swore to protect, we had to come in and take him down. So I entered middle earth around 2 to 3 thousand years old."