Chapter 27

Narrator POV

The leaders stood anxiously in the throne room with the company and the Stormborn family

The leaders stood anxiously in the throne room with the company and the Stormborn family. Theoden had taken his seat and watched Atalanta's, the advisors spoke among themselves in angered hushed whispers which could be heard but he tried to ignore them.

The man's eyes flitted from person to person. His eyes landed on Eowyn as she stared at the tall Stormborn boy. The way her eyes glittered with interest and he had to frown. He had heard the rumors of what Atalanta's family had become, and why they came to their downfall. It was hard not to with the amount of people. He did not want his niece to be cursed like the family.

She had his loyalty but not his family.

His eyes then went to the elf that was pacing restlessly by Gandalf and Aragorn. Barely listening to the conversations being held.

"I thought elves are supposed to be calm and graceful." He spoke in a low voice to Eomer and the younger man grinned to him.

"Didn't you see him coming in with the Queen? I think the poor bastard may be in love with her. But rumor has it that the heir of Gondor has a thing for her as well." He spoke and Theoden nodded his head as if taking in the information. It was gossip he took into consideration. His nephew was always the gossip, never his niece.

He then turned his head to listen to what the leaders were saying.

"We all know we should not have let her go out there by herself! The woman is mad!" Oberyn hissed angrily to them and Theoden watched as the giant redhead stood and practically growled in his direction.

"You are just worried she won't come back and then you won't have your chance to make a proposal to her. You want the throne you little snake. Do not try and deny it. You do not care whether she lives or dies." Torstein practically growled in anger trying to keep his voice quiet but it did nothing. Jorah, the knight he had seen practically worship the ground the female walked on, came forward.

"I would watch your tone snake, that is our queen you are talking about. You know nothing of her and what she has been through." He leveled the man with a dangerous and angry stare as he spoke in a tone that could not be argued.

The Stormborn family turned and stared at them with matching glares. Theoden could then see how they are related. The anger that radiated from them was matching to the dragon queen and he could feel how the lords all kept cautious of them. They all held a form of power.

"I am just saying we should keep the woman from slaughtering people like a mindless beast. They are part of our war battalion. How do you think the great and violent Khal would react to the slaughter of his people? Do you not think he will not take it out on us for not stopping her." Oberyn growled and the nephew of the queen stepped forward.

Braelyn then stepped forward, "Octavia knew what she was doing when she started the coup of hers and took two prisoners and slaughtered others. The Khal would have half a mind to even think about rising up against Atalanta."