Chapter 25

POV Atalanta

(^Listen to the song. Totally goes with the mood!^)

I smiled to everyone as they wished me a good night

I smiled to everyone as they wished me a good night. Many men had asked me to dance and drink and be merry with them yet all I could think was of this moment.

This moment when I snuck out the back of my tent. Having to crawl under the fabric slowly so no one would see that I was leaving.

Where I had to push myself up to my feet and creep along the lines of tents. A simple black cloak covered my face and distinguished hair for everyone who did see me.

When I got to the end of the tents and smiled when I saw the elf I had promised to see. His simple brownish-grey cloak covers his body.

I did not need to speak for the elf to sense me, his eyes darting up meeting me as I smiled towards him. My hand held out and he came to my side quickly taking the hand and we turned before sprinting to the field in front of us. My speed making me drag him slightly behind myself.

He was quiet but I could feel his eyes staying on me the whole time as we ran from the others and away into the dark night. The fresh air had calmed me, making me breath clear. Making me understand a little better.

I turned my body and slowed myself to a walk letting me pace beside him and Legolas held my hand in his in a silent peace.

Our eyes were on the stars as we walked, his cold hand held tightly to my warm one. My eyes drifted to him and watched as he stared up peacefully. His hair was down completely, with no braids. His skin was clean and smooth.

He wore a simple green soft shirt and his brown pants, his cloak covering his body. I couldn't help but admire his beauty, he was handsome in all ways and yet all I could see was the younger version of his father. The man I had fallen hard for.

I could feel my heart pull towards the young elf and realized that he was nothing like his father and never truly would be. Letting myself enjoy this, I pulled him slightly closer to me and brought my eyes to meet his beautiful blue ones.

Before any words could escape my mouth the smell of fire, with the mixed in scent of amber and purely dragon scent hit my nose and I grin before letting go of Legolas to speed up and see the dragons who are nesting. Nyx was curled up by the younglings and Verena was wrapped around them. They both lifted their heads to my approach and I moved until I could nudge the dragon's heads with my own.

"Hello, little ones. Keeping the babes safe?"

My voice rolled in the quiet language of the thu'um and the dragons hummed their response making me smile and drag my hand along their snouts smiling when I felt their content.

"You seem at peace with them," Legolas stated and I just stared into Verena's eyes.

"They are the same as me...In more than one way. Behavior, instincts, mating...." I whispered the last part before turning to the elf and holding out my hand to him.