Chapter 18

Battle of Helms Deep Part One

POV Narrator

Legolas watched expecting the woman to turn into her dragon form only to watch in horror as she was turning in the air

Legolas watched expecting the woman to turn into her dragon form only to watch in horror as she was turning in the air. Bow in hand.

"Dracarys!"

She screamed throughout the storm and everyone watched with pure fascination as the arrow she released into the ground sent a line of high fire stopping the Orc army from coming any closer.

It may have been raining but it was the power of the dragon. It was not to be so easily put out by a little rain.

Atalanta landed on the ground harshly but her armor was in place. Weapons at her side, as the fire, crackled around her body.

She balanced herself perfectly on her fingertips, bow in hand, as the balls of her feet held her body weight.

She slowly tilted her head up, eyes glowing in a fury of colors as they reacted to the fire in front of her.

The dragons roar out before flying through the air burning the army.

"Atalanta?!"

She looked to her fire and couldn't help but let a feral grin appear on her face as she spots the black thick liquid on the ground.

Watching as Aragorn and Legolas argued Atalanta could only frown.

"You are thinking quite hard over there," Théoden spoke and Atalanta just shook her head.

"We need a way to buy more time. As much as you believe this fortress will hold, I do not. I'd rather not see the end of the Rohan riders."

She turned to him and placed her hand on his shoulder.

"Send your men out to pour all oil you have. I have a way to light it."

"We are to be stormed my lady, how do you know it will work?"

She just turned and looked at him.

"It will work."

Turning Atalanta sprinted, launching herself at the stone wall. The small cracks gave her enough space to pull her body up. Aragorn and Gimli help pull her up when she gets to the top.

"What just happened?!"

"Dragon Magic, my friend. It will give us a minute or so before they can pass. On my command, we switch! You throw your sword up and the men will fire from above. When I do, the elves from the ground!"

She dropped to the ground before calling out to the elves in her elven tongue.

Her words are quick as they pulled their bows up. Everyone listened to the cries of the Orcs being scorched alive by the dragon's fire.