Chapter 9: Just Like You

“She'll wake up soon Mr. Haitani. Nothing to worry about.” The doctor assured with an assuring smile.

“Thanks Doc.” Ran thanked, before sending the doctor away leaving Rindo with (Y/n).

He was about to place his hand on top of hers but stopped immediately. He placed his hand inside his pocket then he looked at her sleeping face.

He wanted to hold her hand but he doesn't have any right to do it. Because of him, this happened. A few weeks from now, the others will be going back to their own mansions and he finally decided to let (Y/n) live with Ran. It would be much safer than being with him.

(Y/n) slowly opened her eyes. Her head was aching like hell. It was like someone whacked her head with a brick.

A groan left her lips as she shut her eyes tight then she placed a hand over her head.

When Rindo heard her groan he panicked a bit.

“Does your head still hurt?” He asked with worry in his voice.

“Ti..me” She was mumbling things he couldn't quite comprehend. He leaned close to her ear.

“What?” He asked.

“What time... is it?” She groaned.

“It's 3:08 p.m” Rindo replied. Her eyes widened then she sat up as if she haven't had any headaches.

“Wanna One!” She gasped in panic. Clutching her hair she looked at Rindo in panic. “They'll be releasing their first album today!!”

Rindo let out a sigh. He thought it was something worse. He lifted his hand up then he gently pushed her forehead back with his knuckles.

“You can't leave this room until we make sure that you're fine.” He monotonously said.

“I'm—” Before she could continue, a memory flashed in her head. It was the memory of the man who died. She went silent then she looked down.

Rindo stared at her for a moment then he immediately knew that look on her face.

“Is the—”

“He's dead.” Rindo monotonously interrupted. He averted his eyes to the window then he walked towards it, pushing the curtains aside then he pocketed his hands as he looked out of the window.

“Why?” She asked. She looked at Rindo's back. She couldn't see his face but she was hopeful that maybe there was a great reason behind it.

Rindo saw her reflection in the mirror and saw the hopeful look on her face.

“The great reason behind it is because he betrayed Bonten.”

“But what if he had a family waiting for him? What if his wife is waiting for him to come home? His children? What if—”

“He brought that upon his self. He had a choice. To live or to die and he chose to die.”

“No, he wanted to live but you killed him.”

Rindo went silent for a moment, staring at her reflection.

“What if his wife was waiting for him? You of all people should know what it feels like to lose someone you love.” She pointed out.

His forehead creased then he glanced over his shoulder. She clutched the sheets then she swallowed hard, mustering up her courage.

“Ran-san told me about it.” She said, meeting Rindo's purple ones. “She sacrificed herself for you.” She added.

Rindo clenched his fist inside his pocket. The memory came back rushing inside his head. The memory of her saving his life. It made his throat burn and ache. He looked back to the window then he let out a silent sigh.