Chapter 13: "Hey Nerd!"

Cough... Cough...

(Y/n) coughed then she pulled the blanket close to her as she sniffled then she slowly opened her eyes. It was cold and she was freezing even though the temperature in the room was just right.

She coughed again then she rolled to the side. Her body was heavy and so were her lids.

The door opened and Rindo went inside with a tray in his hand. He approached her bed then he placed the tray on the bedside table.

“(Y/n).” He called.

“Hm?”

“It's time to eat.” Rindo said. She slowly pushed herself up with Rindo's help then Rindo fixed the pillows behind her so that she could lean in comfortably.

Rindo placed his hand on her forehead. He could still feel how hot she is. He pulled his hand back then he sat beside her.

He took the bowl of porridge then he mixed it with the spoon before scooping the perfect amount of porridge.

“I can eat by myself Rindo-kun.” She sniffled.

“Stop complaining and eat.” Rindo said with a serious tone. Without saying anything, she opened her mouth then Rindo fed her.

She sniffled again then she pulled the blanket up.

“Stupid cold.” She mumbled as she sniffled again.

“Maybe you're not an idiot at all.” Rindo spoke making her turn to him as she sniffled again.

“Why?”

“There's a saying that goes ‘Idiot's don't get sick.” Rindo said feeding her another spoonful of porridge.

“Then are you an idiot Rindo-san?” She asked, sniffling while munching her food.

“Well, that saying is a lie. I think Idiots do get sick.” Rindo retorted.

She snickered then she looked at Rindo mockingly. “Mom said lying is bad Rindo-san.”

“What are you? A kid?” Rindo asked with his veins popping from his forehead then he let out a sigh.

She giggled then she sniffled as she looked up on the ceiling then she released a sigh.

“I miss my family. Everytime I get sick, Mom would always take care of me.” She said sniffling. “Stupid snots.” She took a tissue from the side then she blew on it after that she threw it on the bin beside her bed.

“Did you know...” She turned to Rindo with a small smile. “Amelia isn't my real mom?” She looked at her hand with a slightly sad look on her face. “My real mom died when I was a kid but even though Amelia isn't my real mom, she still treats me like her own.” She said with a soft smile.

Rindo looked at her. ‘I know that, idiot.’

“Mom's like that are rare.” Rindo said then he scooped another spoonful of porridge then he positioned it in front of her mouth which she ate.

She swallowed the food then she turned to Rindo with an excited look on her face. “Say Rindo-san, if I ever recover from this cold, can we play again?” She asked.

Rindo thought for a moment then he nodded. “Sure.”

***

He squeezed the towel then he placed it on top of her forehead. He thought that her fever would be down by now but he was wrong. It was getting worse and he was starting panic inside.

Achoo!” She sneezed before curling herself up. “Mama.” She muttered in her sleep.

After a few hours, he pulled her hand out then he took a wet towel then he wiped her arms using the wet towel. After her right arm he moved to the other arm. He took some fresh clothes then he pulled the blanket off her body. After wiping her leg and her feet, he changed her clothes.

After changing her clothes, he covered her with blanket again then he took the tray to the kitchen.

He was restless, He couldn't even attend their meeting because he had to take care of her.

[How is she?] Ran asked.

“Her fever isn't going down. Should I call the doctor?” He said. Panic was in his voice.

[Calm down, just give her some medicines and watch over her. I already told Mikey about it and he understands.]

“I already gave her some medicines but I think it's helping.” Rindo said. He was pacing back and forth.

[She'll be fine. But if it keeps getting higher, call a doctor.]

“Thanks.”

With that he ended the call then he walked back to (Y/n)'s room. He opened the door then he checked on her.

She was lying on the bed with her body curled. She was still sleeping.

It has been a week since she gotten sick and yet she didn't recover yet. The whole week, Rindo just stayed by her side. He didn't have enough sleep and he haven't eaten properly.

He sighed then he closed the door.

***

Rindo cleaned the clusters in the kitchen then when he was done he went to (Y/n)'s room to check on her again. When he did, he saw her shivering. He went inside then he took another blanket from the cabinet.

He spread the blanket then he placed it around her. He observed her for a while but she was still shivering. He started to panic once again.

‘What should I do?’ He though as he bit his lip then without any second thoughts he sat beside her.

He lied down then he hugged her figure.

This should warm her up.’ He thoughts then he hugged her tight. She was still shivering but after a few minutes she felt warm.

Rindo closed his eyes then he slowly drifted off to sleep.

***

It was in the middle of the night. (Y/n) slowly opened her eyes. She felt really warm. It was still cold but the warmness lessened it. She slowly lifted her head up to see Rindo's sleeping face.

She slowly lifted her hand then she placed it on his cheek. He looked like he hasn't slept properly. Even though it was a bit dark but she could still see it.

Well, she seen it a lot of times. She felt bad that she had to burden Rindo.

She looked at him for a moment then a memory keeps on flashing in her head.

Rindo-san. Who are you? Why do I feel weird everytime I'm near you? ’

She caressed his face then she looked down.

Suddenly her head started to ache then she looked up again to look at Rindo's face.

She never felt this way with Hakkai, but with Rindo— How could that be?

Everytime she looks at Rindo's face, something keeps on appearing in her mind. That boy with a blue and blond streak hair. His face was still blurry.

She closed her eyes then she looked back down.

“Hey Nerd!”

She gasped when she heard that voice in her head.

“Done reading some shitty love story?”

It wasn't Hakkai's voice but— it was Rindo's.

It made her even more curious. Who could Rindo be? Was he a part of her past? Was he someone she loved in the past? She wanted to know.