Chapter 17: She loves Him

Flashback

She opened her eyes then she took the towel off her forehead as she sat up then she placed the towel on the side of the bed. She turned to the side to see Rindo sleeping. Biting her lips she took a blanket then she wrapped it around Rindo then she placed a hand on top of his head. She could feel his soft hair in her hand.

He was sleeping heavily. She silently got out of the bed then she walked out of the room. Before closing the door, she took one last glance at Rindo then she closed the door silently.

She walked towards Rindo's room then she opened the door. She looked around the room silently and her eyes fell on the book that was on the bed.

She walked towards the book then she opened it and saw the picture that was in the book. She could feel the lump surging in her throat and tears brimmed in her eyes.

Smiling bitterly, she took the picture and looked at it. She caressed it gently as she wept.

‘I remember it now. I remember you now.’

She looked at the book then she picked it up from the bed then she read the last part of the book with her eyes.

‘I will always love you' was Wendy's last word. It was a bitter reality that Harry couldn't accept but there was nothing that he could do but look at her resting face. “I will always and forever love you too Wendy” End’

More tears fell from her eyes as she hugged the book.

***

She slowly opened her eyes to see the white ceiling. She sat up then she robbed her throbbing forehead. When she looked underneath the blanket, she saw that she had nothing on.

Groaning, she massaged her temples. Right, she was drinking at a bar and then a man took her into a hotel and that man was—

She gasped then she looked to the side of the bed only to find no one. She scoffed then she looked down.

“What a jerk.”

***

“Where were you? I was looking everywhere for you.” Hakkai worriedly asked as soon as he saw her emerge in the room.

“I just went somewhere.” She replied, not even meeting his eyes.

Hakkai sighed then he pulled her in a hug. “Don't make me worry about you.” He breathed.

She placed her hand in between them, planning to push him. “Hakkai—” but Hakkai tightened his hug.

“I know. I know that I'm not the man you love but let me worry about you. Can we stay like this for just a moment?” Hakkai lowly said.

Hesitantly, she bit her lips then she pushed Hakkai. “I'm sorry Hakkai.” then she walked past him. She didn't want to hurt him. It would only be painful for the both of them.

Hakkai only stood in his place then he nodded to himself as he smiled bitterly. “I see.” He lowly muttered.

As soon as (Y/n) was inside her room, she took a quick shower and when she was done, she put her clothes on then she took her phone and contacted Ran's number. Immediately the latter answered the call.

“Ran-san, it's me.”

[Oh, if it isn't (Y/n). Is there anything I can help you with?]

“Is Rindo with you?”

There was a short silence before Ran replied. [He doesn't want to talk to anyone at the moment and he's not here with us. Well, he's always not here with us.]