Chapter 11: Welcome Back

“... And so, Wendy was about to leave when Harry pulled her by the wrist and—” She stopped when she felt a head on her shoulder.

She placed the book down her lap then she turned to look to the side to Rindo sleeping on her shoulder with soft snores escaping from his lips.

They were currently sitting on the floor with their backs on the side of the bed. (Y/n) was reading a book while Rindo listened to her but eventually fell asleep.

She tried not to move too much cause she didn't want to wake him up. She could see the visible bags under his eyes. A frown made it's way to her face.

Ran has told her before how Rindo used to be before she came. He was restless, He was always at the bar, drinking alcohol... And he was always crying. He was always unhappy. He was lonely.

Her hands moved on their own, making its way to Rindo's face. There was a strand of hair that hang on Rindo's face. She was about to push it when she that vision again.

It was clear this time but she still couldn't see the boys face. Everything around them was clear except for him.

She blinked her eyes a few times then she gently pushed his hair back. Smiling contently, she slowly pulled her hand back but then Rindo caught it catching her by surprise.

“R-Rindo-san! I-I was just—”

“Can we stay like this for a moment?” He lowly asked. His voice was hoarse. Their faces were close.

(Y/n) only looked at him, her eyes still widen in surprise. Her heart started to pound loudly in her ribcage and her cheeks flushed into a faint red. Her breath was shaky.

“O-Oh... Uhmm... Of course!” She frantically said, looking away then she looked down at the book.

Ba-bump... Ba-bump... Ba-bump...

‘What's going on with my heart?! Calm down! Calm down!’

Rindo looked at her hand that he was still holding for a moment. He could feel her cold hands. He removed his head from her shoulders then he sat straight, still holding her hand then he took her other hand.

(Y/n) just looked at him with a questioning eyes. “What are you...” She trailed off when she saw, Rindo covering her hands with his big ones then he blew on it with his hot breath.

“Your hands are cold.” He said, lifting his eyes from her hand.

She could feel her heart skipping a beat. “W-Well, It's just nothing! Haha!” She frantically said.

Rindo looked back down on her hand. Gazing at it momentarily. His eyes looked so sad. There was a short silence before he looked at her and spoke.

“I'm glad... That I met you again.” He said, smiling genuinely at her.

For the first time, she saw Rindo smiling genuinely. She didn't know why but she felt another strange feeling in her chest.

“I'm glad that I met you too Rindo-san.” She smiled.

That's what Rindo wants. For her to be happy. For her to smile. This would be their final moment together. This would be her final day in the mansion so he's gonna enjoy it. For the last time.

A chuckle escaped from his lips though he didn't know why he laughed but he just felt like it.

(Y/n) looked at him with surprise on her face. Rindo? Laughing? That's rare!

“You laughed!” She gasped.

“Of course I laugh! Are you an idiot?!” He said, laughing at her. She broke into smile then she laughed along with Rindo.

***

The next day, (Y/n) walked alongside Ran while hugging her Zoro plushie. She looked up to look at the window and saw Rindo looking down at them.

“Let's go?” Ran said lending hand to her. She was hesitant at first but later on accepted his hand.

Ran looked up at the window to see his brother.

“Are you sure about this Rindo?”

“I am.”

Ran turned to the car then he went inside. Rindo just watched them until they were gone. He was alone again. Not because his brother and his gang were gone but because she wasn't here anymore.

He went downstairs then when he looked at the couch, he could imagine her sitting there watching One Piece or Wanna One.

In the kitchen he could still imagine her washing the plates while scolding Sanzu at the same time.

In the dining room, he could imagine her eating with them.

Everything just reminded him of her. Her giggles, her loud voice, everything!

He closed the door behind him. He was in his room. He could still smell her scent. He could see her sleeping on the bed, watching her favorite shows in his laptop, looking out the balcony, then reading a book. He must be going crazy. Is it because of how silent the mansion had gotten when they left?

He leaned on the door, slowly sliding down the ground. Tears began to roll from his cheek as he sobbed.

“I'm glad that I met you too Rindo-san!”

“Fuck, this hurts.” He whimpered.

***

“This is where you'll stay.” Ran said, opening the door. It was a luxurious room. It was pretty and big.

“Thanks Ran-san.” She weakly smiled as she looked at the room.

“Is something wrong? Do you hate the room? You look sad.” Ran said. She shook her head then she looked at the room.

“I like the room. It's just that...” She paused then she turned to face Ran then she bowed at him. “I'm sorry Ran-san but I want to go back to Rindo.”

Ran looked at her for a moment. His mouth slightly gaped at her action.

She lifted her upper body up then she flashed Ran a rueful smile.

“You told me that before I came Rindo-san was always lonely and when I came he was lively again. I don't know why but I have the urge to go back and be with him. Or else... He'll be lonely again.”

Tears unconsciously fell from her eyes making her gasp. “Huh?”

‘Why am I crying?’ She asked herself.

“I'm sorry! I just got to emotional!” She frantically said, wiping her face.

Ran only chuckled then he placed a hand on top of her head.

“The mind forgets but the heart always remember.” He lowly mumbled. “Why didn't you say so earlier. Wanna go back?” Ran asked making her smile.

***

Rindo was sitting on the couch while looking at the Tv. He was watching Wanna One's performance even though he don't enjoy it but he just had to watch to cope with his pain.

While he was watching, he heard a knock from the door.

Knock... Knock...

He turned to the door then he turned the Tv off before walking towards the door. He opened the door and was surprised when he saw—

“I'm back.” (Y/n) said as she smiled at Rindo whose mouth was slightly gaped. It's as if time slowed down for the both of them as they looked into each other's eyes.

Rindo smiled back at her, replying—

“Welcome back.”

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Author's Note;

Yey! Finally! I have updated! I've been busy P̶r̶o̶c̶r̶a̶s̶t̶i̶n̶a̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ these days that I rarely update. I'm really sorry. Everytime I have a free time, Youtube would always lure me. Instead of writing in my free time, I watch clips and memes.

Anyways! How are you guys? How was your day?... Take care always guys, sleep early at night and drink plenty of water too! If you found any grammatical errors and typos please tell me! Tata~