Chapter 14: Move

When morning came, her fever was getting higher again. He took a basin full of lukewarm water the he soaked the towel in then afterwards he squeezed it then then he placed it on top of her hot forehead.

Panic-stricken, He dialed Ran's number. It took three rings before the latter answered.

[Yo.]

"Her fever isn't going down. It's getting higher. Should I call a doctor?" He asked with panic in his voice then suddenly a hot hand touched his other hand making him turn to look to the side. 

"I'm fine. Don't call the doctor." She pleaded with tears escaping the sides of her eyes because of her fever.

"Are you an idiot? You're all hot and-"

"Please. I'll be fine. I just need a little sleep." She said, forcing a small, weak smile.

Hesitantly, Rindo looked at her then he put the phone down, ending the call.

"If your fever rises up again, I'm gonna call the doctor okay?" He said then she nodded as she closed her eyes.

He messaged Ran then he placed the phone on the bedside table. He sat down beside her, checking her temperature every minute. After a few minutes, exhaustion began to take over his body as he fell asleep on his seat with his head on the mattress.

***

She opened her eyes then she took the towel off her forehead as she sat up then she placed the towel on the side of the bed. She turned to the side to see Rindo sleeping. Biting her lips she took a blanket then she wrapped it around Rindo then she placed a hand on top of his head. She could feel his soft hair in her hand.

He was sleeping heavily. She silently got out of the bed then she walked out of the room. Before closing the door, she took one last glance at Rindo then she closed the door silently.

A few hours later, Rindo woke up then he noticed that there was a blanket that was wrapped around his body and then, what made him panic the most was that- She was gone. 

"(Y/n)?" He lowly called as he stood from his seat then he looked around the room. "(Y/n)?!" He called, but this time it was louder.

He hurriedly went out of the room as he ran in the hallways, looking for her. "(Y/n)!" He called once again then he went downstairs. He looked around frantically, his heartbeat pounded loudly in his chest. He ran a hand through his burgundy hair. He was starting to panic.

When he heard something in the kitchen, He ran towards the kitchen, hoping to see her and when he was standing on the kitchen's entrance, he saw her holding a hot pot then when she saw him she smiled at him. 

"Good afternoon." She greeted then she placed the hot pot on the table.

Rindo clenched his fist as he held his breath. He tried to hold his tears back then he stomped towards her, pulling her in a hug. A tight hug. 

"Don't do that again." He mumbled as relief started to wash over him.

She held her breath then she lifted her hand up to his back hesitantly but then she changed her mind as she gently pushed her. 

"Told you I'd be fine!" She proudly said with a big smile on her lips. "I figured that you're hungry so I cooked something." She said then she pulled Rindo and pushed him to sit down the chair. 

Rindo looked at her for a moment and noticed that her eyes were puffy. She served Rindo some food then she sat down and served herself. She started to eat then she turned to Rindo gesturing for him to eat.

"The food will turn cold and it's delicious since I cooked it." She said, boasting a bit.

He was glad that she was finally fine and that she won't have to suffer anymore. He took his chopsticks then he started to eat his lunch.

"Delicious right?" She asked with a sweet smile on her lips.

"Yeah." He hummed with a smile.

***

Daichi sat on his swivel chair while writing something on his black leather notebook then the door of his office opened making him lift his eyes to up to see a man, wearing a black tux. He went inside then he passed an envelope to him.

"The culprit is on the move." The man informed. Daichi placed his pen down as he opened the envelope then he looked at the contents inside.

"He knows where (Y/n) is hiding. Should we tell Mr. Haitani to move her?" He asked.

"Yes. Immediately." Daichi firmly stated then he placed the content down. "I want you to go there tomorrow and drive them here." He commanded then the man bowed before going out of the office.

***

"Move? why?" (Y/n) asked.

"The culprit knows where you are." Rindo says while bringing the necessary things. Her clothes and her things. 

"Let me help." She hurriedly helped Rindo pack their things then a few minutes later the bell rang. 

"They're here." He said then he carried the luggage and some bags downstairs. She followed behind him, bringing her Zoro plushie with her. As soon as they were in front of the black car, Rindo put the stuff in side the trunk then he opened the door open the car.

"You go first. I'll follow later. We'll meet up in your father's place later okay?" Rindo said. She nodded then she went inside the car.

Rindo closed the door then the car revved and it drove out of the gate. He looked at the car then he dialed Daichi's number. 

***

She looked through the window then she turned to look at the driver. "Uhmm... Are we going to my father's place?" She asked but the driver just kept silent. How cold. 

She turned to look back to the window when she noticed that they were turning to a different direction. She looked at the driver then she was about to open her mouth to speak up when the man pointed a gun at her with his eyes on the road.

"Keep your mouth shut." He said making her gasp then she backed away from the gun.

She turned to the door about to get out when the man sprayed chloroform inside the car. He had a gas mask on. She was about to open the door when suddenly the chloroform began to enter her nose. She coughed and coughed but she still resisted but soon after, she turned weak and weak until she passed out.