Chapter 15: I'm Fine

(Y/n) woke up and found herself inside a dark room. There was no lights and she could hear a man's voice outside as if he was having an argument over the phone.

She slowly sat up as she massaged her temples then she looked at the door.

Where am I?’ She thoughts then she slowly stood up as she walked towards the door.

“...I have her now okay! She's with me!...”

She listened to the voice clearly. It was somehow familiar. She peeped through the hole of the door then she saw the man.

He had stubble growing on his chin and his face was somewhat familiar. Could it be—

She gasped as she took a step back but then her feet slid as her butt crashed down the ground.

“Wait— I'll call you back later.” She heard the man say then she heard footsteps. After a few seconds the door opened then the man stood in front of her.

She stared at him wide-eyed then she gulped. She couldn't find the words the say. She was speechless.

“Katashi-kun?”

***

“WHAT?! What do you mean she's not here yet?!” Rindo's voice bounced through the walls as he glared at Hakkai who glared back at him.

“Thanks to you! My wife is kidnapped and if something happens to her. I'll never forgive you!” Hakkai yelled back. His voice bouncing on the walls.

“Well, You're supposed to be her husband then why didn't you keep an eye to your wife?!” Rindo retorted.

“What'd ya say?! You were in charge to keep an eye on her. Why'd you leave her alone?!” Hakkai retorted. “If you were with her, maybe this wouldn't happen,  don't you think?!”

The both of them glared at each other angrily. Rindo was mad mostly at himself. Hakkai was right. If only he was with her then maybe none of this would happen.

“The both of you shut up!” Daichi yelled. His voice bouncing on the wall.

“Will the three of you stop yelling?! Instead of arguing with each other, why don't you go and find my daughter, you fucking assholes!” Amelia chided as she stood in front of them.

“Good grief!” Amelia sighed as she massaged her temples.

“Tch. I'll go and find her.” Rindo said as he turned his back on them.

He was panicking. What if something happened to her? What if the culprit kills her? What if he arrived late and then he would only find her dead body?! If something happens to her. Even if it's just a scratch. Hell will break loose.

“Wait.” Daichi called as he placed a hand on his shoulder. “I'll go with you.”

He could feel Rindo's tense shoulders and muscles. From the way he's standing. It may look like he's being cool but he could see that he was trembling.

“Let's get her back.” Daichi said.

“I'll go too.” Hakkai volunteered.

“No, it's okay Hakkai. For now, I want you to call the police and wait for us outside the place where the culprit is.” Daichi said.

Hakkai clenched his fist then he nodded. As much as he wanted to go with them but  he trust Daichi.

“Rindo. You better get my wife back safely.” Hakkai said.

***

“Katashi-kun, what's the meaning of this?” (Y/n) asked. She was confused. Why was Katashi trying to kill her?! What's the reason?

“(Y/n), it's been a long time.” Katashi smiled weakly.

She looked at his face and she could see how haggard he looked. His hair was disheveled and he had bags under his eyes. He looked so dry and he looked so restless.

“Katashi-kun, please explain why are you trying to kill me?!” She asked.

Katashi sighed as he looked to the side with a resigned look on his face. “(Y/n).” He called then he smiled as he looked at her straight in the eyes.

“I did it because of love.” He replied. This made (Y/n) confuse. Love?!

“Love? I don't understand.”

“I did it for Asami. You see...” There was a short pause then she could see tears streaming from his eyes. “I still love her y'know and even if it's hard for me to do it but I'm afraid that she'll ignore me. I'm an idiot, You see.” He said with a chuckle as he sniffled.

“Asami?” (Y/n) was about to ask him when they heard some crashing sounds outside.

“They're here.” Katashi mumbled then he smiled. “(Y/n), I wish you and Rindo to be happy.”

“Katashi—” Before she could proceed, she heard a bang then Katashi's body fell down the floor and his blood began to gush out from his head.

She gasped as she covered her mouth with her mouth.

“(Y/n)!” She lifted her head up to see her father. Immediately she stood up then he father caught her in his arms.

“Dad!” She sobbed.

“It's alright. I'm here now.” Daichi comforted. Meanwhile, Rindo just stood behind Daichi. It was painful to see her cry. He looked to the side to see Katashi's dead body then he turned his back on them.

Now that the culprit's dead, he won't be able to see her again and he'll be alone again. He smiled bitterly then he went out.

***

(Y/n) and Daichi went out then as soon as they were outside she saw Hakkai on the distance. (Y/n) smiled as Hakkai ran towards her then he engulfed her in a hug.

The police began to go inside the house.

“I'm glad you're alright.” He gladly said as he hugged her tight.

The two of them broke out from the hug then she looked around. She was hoping to see Rindo.

“Where's Rindo?” She asked. Daichi looked around then he looked back at her.

“He was here earlier. He must've left.” Daichi said.

She only looked down then she hummed. “I'm getting dizzy. Can we go home?” She weakly said.

“Sure.” Hakkai said with a smile.

***

“Are you sure it's okay?” Ran asked.

“She'll be fine. She's with her husband now.” Rindo shrugged.

“I'm not talking about her. I'm talking about you.” Ran said then he looked at the rearview mirror to look at Rindo. “Are you fine with this?”

Rindo scoffed then he looked out of the window.

“I'm not a kid. I'm fine.