chapter-1-First meet.

When Alberu turned 18, he was called to his father's office. He lost his favour a long time ago. So it came as a surprise to him that his father summoned him.

Alberu went inside the room to find Zed standing in front of the large glass window and looking out, not looking at him.

"You called father?" Zed didn't look back at him when he asked him a question.

"Sit" Alberu did as he was told and didn't question anything.

"Alberu, do you know why I have not removed you from the crown prince's position?"

Alberu froze at those words. He started sweating and his heartbeat started fastening.

"Even though I knew you were a quarter dark elf?" The heart that was beating before came to a complete stop.

Alberu's mind went blank; he didn't know what to say or how to act anymore.

For once since he grew up he didn't know what to do anymore and was helpless.

His father knew. His father knew he was a quarter dark elf.

He is gonna die. If he was kicked out of the palace it would be a light punishment.

Then he could hear Zed sighing. Alberu didn't say anything as he didn't know how he could get out of this mess.

Zed finally turned to him. "Son." Alberu flinched at the sudden foreign way of calling.

"Can you show me your true form?" Zed tone is oddly gentle. It's not the ominous kind of gentle but a kind one.

With shaking hands Alberu removes his mother's necklace. He knew he couldn't do anything in this situation right now.

His hair and eyes turn back to the original colour as his skin tone also changed.

Zed came closer to him. Alberu at least expected a hit since he didn't know why else he would come closer.

So imagine his shock when Zed lifted his face. "You're quite handsome in this form as well."

Zed was smiling kindly at him. And Alberu doubted if he was dreaming things.

Alberu cannot see any of the negative emotions in his eyes. Instead he saw affection and fondness.

Something he never expected from his father. His eyes started stinging and he felt tears fall down from his eyes.

He couldn't control them. As if a dam just broke. The burden he held for all these years has finally been lifted.

Zed just smiled and wiped his tears away. "Why are you crying child?" Zed kneels down in front of him.

"Of course you scare him uncle." A child-like voice caught his attention as he hastily looked around.

This made Zed chuckle. "It's fine Alberu." Alberu looked back at his father confused.

Then Zed turned to the ceiling. "Why don't you come out now boy?" Alberu wondered who that person was that his father called out so gently.

"Hump." He could hear a huff coming out indicating that the voice was annoyed.

"I'd told you he would react like that didn't I?" Just as the voice said that a child appeared near them.

Alberu knew who the boy was. He was not familiar with him. Due to the heat of the moment he subconsciously mumbled out loud.

"The spoiled son of count Henituse?" His father immediately frowned. Only then Alberu realised he just said that out loud.

So Alberu immediately covered his mouth. The person mentioned didn't even flinch as he just chuckled.

"You're right, your highness. Allow me to reintroduce myself. I am Cale Henituse, the trashy spoiled first son of count Henituse."

Alberu was dumbstruck by the way the kid introduced himself. As far as Alberu recall this kid was only 13 years old.

Then he remembered something else. He was still in his dark elf form. He turned to his father silently asking for help.

Anxiety pools in his heart. Since he was confused. Zed just patted his head. "You can trust him."

Alberu decided to trust his father. "I didn't know you two knew each other."

"Well it's a long story." "What might the young master of Henituse be doing here?" Alberu decided not to pry further and he changed the question.

Cale pointed to him. "I'm here for you, your highness." "Excuse me." He's here for him. Alberu didn't know how to react.

"Your highness, Alberu Crossman, I will make you the king of this kingdom." Alberu was beyond shocked.

"What the fuck." So he accidentally let out his inner thoughts. "I am saying I'll be your instructor starting from today." Cale smiled.

Alberu looked toward his father. His father nodded. Alberu didn't know why but his intuition that he had developed over the years was telling him to grab this opportunity.

On the other hand he also feels like he just made a deal with the devil.