Reflection [camilo x gn!reader]

Silence spread around your room, all that was heard is the clock ticking, birds chirping, and Camilo's repeated sighing every few minutes.

For the past few hours, you were finishing the homework that was assigned to you during your school vacation. Since your grandparents' house is in a village called Encanto, you get to stay there every summer, or any type of vacation.

Camilo madrigal, who became your friend when you were 4, is here with you on the present-day playing with your eraser on the side of the table, sighing once again for the nth time today.

"Fine, what do you want?" Finally getting enough of it, the boy's face light up.

"Can we go outside? I wanna play pranks with the kids." He whined

"So you can blame me?"

"...yea. sometimes I hate that you know me very well"

A knock has been heard at your door, making you as well as Camilo look at it. Your Abuelo standing at the door, "Camilo! There you are, I knew you were here. Your Abuela is looking for you, they need a helping hand for Antonio's gift ceremony tonight."

"I'll be on my way!" Smiling politely at the elder, he stood up, taking his leave not before offering you - your guy's handshake. "See you tonight!"

"Yea, yea, take care! Also, tell Mirabel, I said hi!"

"Will do!"

~~

Carrying two wine bottles that your grandparents made for the madrigals is a nightmare, both heavy, your hands are slipping now and then but you still manage.

Seeing your friend greeting everyone is a fun sight, not gonna lie. The madrigal transformed to look like your Abuela hugging and greeting her as well as her husband. He turned to you, "Hey [last name]! You made it!"

"Of course, I wouldn't miss it for the world" Antonio's been your favorite, ever since he was a baby, he was the sweetest. "Oh yea, would you mind...?" Emphasizing the other bottle of the wine, asking for his help.

"Of course, I'll lead you to the kitchen." He took the wine, rushing inside after waving at the people still entering his home. He's technically speed walking, and you know he's doing it on purpose.

"Slow down, you got a date or something?" You teased, but he ignored you and kept walking.

You tried to pass those people around you whose also preparing for the ceremony. Turning back to your friend, asking him to slow down one more time, realizing that he was nowhere to be found.

"Erm, Camilo? Where are you? You idiot, I told you to slow down." You called walking around the casa madrigal, calling for your friend while asking for a few people if they've seen him including his family.

Walking around you walk past a mirror, one that you have never seen before. This one is large, it can see your full body. You turned around trying to see if people are looking at you before fixing your appearance, moving your hair out of your face, checking your teeth, fixing your clothes while still holding the wine.

You twirl a little, to see if your clothing on the back also looks presentable. You check on your face one more time before- "wait... why are there no people behind the mirror..."

"RAAA!" your 'reflection' suddenly morphed into Camilo's face, jumping at you.

"AAHH!" You fall back, but casita helped you get back on your feet with a little help from the boy who held your arm when he saw you fall back.

You two paused out of shock before he starts to burst out laughing. "I can't believe you fell for that," wheezing, still clenching on the bottle. "Now I know why you always took so long to get ready!" At this point, he's technically losing his breath.

"I could've dropped the bottle! Stop laughing and breathe!"

-

word count: 620 words