When you didn't say I love you back pt.2 [Madrigals x gn!reader]

Summary: Dolores, and Carlos reaction to you not saying I love you back.

Warning: some are kinda angsty, but idk

DOLORES MADRIGAL

DOLORES is someone who is hard to prank, considering that she hears everything, and constantly alert just in case someone needs help.

Any suprise made for her, are all failure. The super-hearing lied about having no clue, but admit it to you after the party since she doesn't want anyone's efforts go to waste.

You made a deal with Camilo, which is written on paper so Dolores can't hear it. You need to trick your beloved, any trick that will make her off guard and you need to do it by the end of the week, or you'll have to give him all the food he wants for a month. If you win, he'll make sure to help you buy the earmuffs, for girlfriend's incoming birthday.

It's challenging since she can hear your steps, breathing, as well as heartbeat. You need to be calm and collected to be able to do it.

Taking your tiple with you—you rush to the la casa Madrigal. You took off your slippers and put on another pair of soft ones, so your steps are quiet enough to make Dolores comfortable. You use your finger to tap against her door instead of knocking with knuckles is a habit you made yourself for your significant other.

You might not know it, but the super-hearing appreciate all the small things you made for her. "Hermosa, Good to see you!" You greeted once you opened the door, revealing the girl of your dreams sitting by her cello, turning away from the intrument, her lips formed into a smile.

"About time you show up," you giggled at her words, peeking at her lips, before taking sit at a nearby stool.

"I discovered this melody last night, do you wanna hear it? Only if you want to of course!" The softness of you voice is enough to make Dolores melt on the spot.

"Sure, I'd love to! Your music is always amazing." It's not a suprise that Dolores loves music, she always has ever since she's a child. She loves hearing all kinds of it, that was until she received her gift. Everything change from then on, before she met you.

"You already heard it last night, didn't you?" Playfully rolling your eyes when she let out a squeak, knowing that she already got caught. "It's fine, did it let you sleep though?"

"It did, thank goodness for that! Last night is very loud, especially those married couples..." lightly giggling at her statement, you move your fingers to the strings and stroke. Grimacing at the off tone.

"My sister might have played with this earlier," you adjust the strings, as Dolores waited patiently, scooching near while watching you with her big adorable eyes, and a warm smile at her face.

As you work, your mind caught something you thought could work as prank. While thinking of how the plan will work, you're focusing of relaxing your breathing and heartbeat, you know she'll find out you're messing with her once you did that trick.

"And done!" You exclaimed, stroking it once again satisfied by musical sounds it produces. "I'm doing to get some water downstairs, do you need anything, amor?" You stood up, grabbing the emtpy glass cups by the shelves, that you assume she forgot to bring down.

"A water will be fine as well," she respond, turning around to play with her cello once again, "careful walking with those glass, love you."

"I will!" You mentally give yourself a pat on the back when you heard her squeak once again. Focusing at your heartbeat and breathing, you successfully grab two glass of water, sipping a bit of it, before going back to a Dolores suspiciously giving you a side glace. "Here you go, mi vida. Now where were we?"