Soulmates [Camilo x gn!reader] pt 1

Soulmates exist, and you can find them in so many different ways.

First, we have the red string. Just like his cousin had: Mirabel and her best friend, this also goes with his cousin: Luisa and their friend who works in the library. Second, in your body, the first words you say to each other are marked, just like his cousin Isabela and the farmer's daughter.

Thirdly is the last words you say to each other are marked on your body, just like his Abuela Alma and Abuelo Pedro. Fourth is feeling each other's feelings, like his Mamá and Papá.

Fifth is a tattoo marked in a part of your body like his sister: Dolores and Mariano, same ones like his tía Julieta and tío Agustin.

Unfortunately to Camilo, he doesn't experience any of those. He can't see any red string at his pinky like it is supposed to be, He can't see any words marked on any part of his body, he doesn't feel any emotions that are not from him.

Any sign from them, anything. His heartache at the thought of it, he has a soulmate, he knows it. The boy is determined for the past few days after his 16th birthday.

The shape-shifter looked for other signs like his friends have, like: feeling the same pain, or the time and date is marked when you will meet them.

Maybe his soulmate's still haven't on the right age so that's why he still doesn't have a mark? Or any string? Maybe it's another sign, something that's not taken by his family? Maybe... but after years of waiting, still nothing.

He was almost certain, that he doesn't have a soulmate. He'll be all alone for the rest of his life. Just like his Tìo Bruno.

~

It felt like they were doing it on purpose, not a day goes by without you feeling a single pain from them. You can feel your ribs ache yet no bone cracked, you clench your chest as pain roam all over.

Gasping for air, gripping tightly at the side of the table as your cousin rushes over to you, distress written on his face, doing his best to help you, to his dismay all he can do is comfort you.

It was nothing new, you'll never get used to something like this. It's embarrassing how you just suddenly crouch down in public, as you try to endure the torture.

Oh, how you despise your soulmate.

Do they even think about how much pain you are in right now? Or every time they decided to jump from the second floor??

The agony stopped like it was never there in the first place. Your breath, as relief washed over you, "Mierda, you gotta find that huevón, [name]!" Your cousin: Manuel, exclaimed. Frustrated that he can't do anything about your situation. "They can't keep being reckless, you're also getting hurt!"

"I'm fine, it's gone now." You breathe out, finally standing from your spot at the side. Rubbing your chest, as you lightly pant.

"For now," the boy runs a hand through his hair. He can't help but be furious, he hates seeing his close family suffering, "you can't live like this for forever, it's been 2 years..."

2 years. You've been suffering for two years.

The sudden pain arrived unexpectedly. It was the day after your 16th birthday, thinking about your father's words once again for the nth time for the day. Your family has always been against soulmates, they can't tell you who to love and who you can't.

As you were walking alongside Manuel by the bridge, the sunshine above you as he assist you with the supplies you need to the house, you instantly felt your leg numb by a second before you feel the most painful thing happen to your leg, you can barely stand. Manuel is so worried about you that he carried you to Juieta as fast as he could, but before you two could make it to her stall, the pain stopped.