Words hurt [Camilo x f!reader]

Christmas is getting close, making the town busy for the upcoming event. Camilo, who's been stressed about his stack of chores, people keep needing another extra hand, making him do multiple things at once. Taking care of a baby, cooking, making decorations, cleaning the mess they made after it. Some of his chores are passed to his sister or cousin since he's taking forever to do them.

He wants to take a break but he can't. 'Cause people need him, even Isabella is stressed. He just wants a hug, a small comfort from his lovable lover. Soothing him, cuddle him, leaving him little peaks on the head, temple, cheeks, and his lips— oh, a big kiss on the lips, just the thought of it makes him smile.

Though the thought only stayed in his head, the reality is much worse than he thought it would.

"Look, mi Amor, I'm sorry but I really need to finish this.." the [hair. color] is picking up grapes on their farm, many people are buying fruits to make desserts out of them, they were in a rush. Camilo stood behind her, still holding the baby he need to take care of, whose playing with his ruana and hair, cooing softly.

"Can't you take a little break? I just need a hug or two, the farm is not going anywhere-"

"[Name]! darse prisa! Are you slacking off again?! You still need to pick the oranges and apples!" A call from the [last name] residence interrupted.

"I'm almost done here tia! I'll hurry up and do the oranges next!" She knew lying about hurrying up will make the woman angry but the pout on Camilo's face is enough to make her stop doing her chore.

She quickly stood up from her spot, hugging her boyfriend, embracing the baby in the process. The Madrigal snuggle into her hair, relaxing at her scent, closing his eyes, and just melting. The girl gave him a few peaks on the cheek, before snuggling into his body.

Now, this is heaven...

Her warmth then suddenly banished, making him open his eyes, seeing that [name] went back to her chores, picking the grapes as fast as she can.

"That's it???"

"Yes, mi Vida, that's it."

"That's not even a minute!" Pouting once again, "more."

"Cami' please," looking back at her significant other, gesturing the plants, "I really need to finish this. After, okay? I promise."

"[NAME] HURRY UP! WE DON'T HAVE ALL DAY!" The older [last name] peak her head on the back window of their house, "Oh! Camilo, Pepa's searching for you a little while ago! You better find her before it rains!"

"Si señora! I'll take my leave!" Once he made sure that the woman was gone, he turn his attention back to the [eye. color]-eyed, "you owe me so many hugs and kisses." Playfully kicking her, receiving a laugh from the girl, before leaving.

~~

Camilo's tired, he can't move anymore. All of his energy is used from the town, the decorations, the cooking, all of it—now he just wants to sleep, and not get bothered by anyone, sleep his tiredness away.

That was until he was interrupted by a knock on his door, a frown made its way to his face. He made it clear to everyone not to bother him since he's really tired.

"Antonio, I told you before, I'll play with you tomorr-" his words stopped, surprised to see the person in front of him.

"I told you 'after' didn't I?" [Name] grinned at him, before embracing him. The shape-shifter sighed, clearly tired and wanting to be alone for now.

"[Name] please, not now." Pulling away from her grasp. She was taken aback by the sudden call of her name, he always use a bunch of nicknames, but she brushed it off.