Soulmates [Camilo x gn! reader] prt.3

Summary: you and Camilo are having complicated feelings for one another

Warning: cringe

Note: he/him for Camilo. They/them for the reader. written from the Second point of view.

♡♥︎♡

Camilo wanted to sink into the earth in disgrace. He had this one chance to talk to you normally without any threat or side comment from you, and he just blow it! You had a thing for Soulmates and that thing is not good. It's been 3 days and you're avoiding him much more than before, and he can see it's intentional. You hate him so much you can't even look him in the eye!

Why would you say that you idiot! " 'Cause you're my Soulmate, and I'll do anything just to be close to you,"? You scared them now they hate you! Why say it like that, and you gave them a rock. A ROCK, C'MON- The boy scolded himself, burying his face deeper into his pillow as he planned his next actions to make it up to you.

What is it that perks up your interest? Books? no, you already have a huge set of them. An instrument? Nah, you'll only use it once then never again. Should he ask you? He would if he could, but right now that's not in the options considering that you're dodging him.

You, on the other hand, are freaking out. You hate how he's making you feel all the things you only dreamt of experiencing, from the flustered expression to the speed of your racing heart. You told yourself to not fall for the shape-shifter, especially not him.

Why? Well first, he's a Madrigal. A lot of people already have an eye on him— he and his cousin: Isabela, are one of the people who receive so many heart eyes.

Second, he probably only wants to be close to you because you're his Soulmate! His words, not yours. That just proves your point, if you two aren't soulmates, he won't make that much effort like he's doing it to you.

He only likes you because the universe told him so.

And you hate it. Why can't you? He doesn't like you for you, he likes you because he was told that you two are meant to be.

It hurts deeply when you think about it. Considering that if you two met that day, where he's bruised all over and he didn't find it that you're his Soulmate. Will he still hang around you to this day? No, he'll see you as a neighbor who helped and nothing more.

You feel confused and hurt, what he did the other day was unexpecting. He waited patiently for you, but if you're just a neighbor to him, he won't even be there in the first place.

You appreciate his actions more than anything, he's always there for you. Camilo's a kind, selfless, sweet, cheerful, and downright adorable gentleman.

You can't take how much he affected you, you can't handle it. So, you avoid him as much as possible, and it's working. You're back to normal, no more racing hearts, no more panic moments about his charming face, those lovable eyes won't get to you anymore!

You held a small pebble in your hand, observing it closely, it's smooth unlike the others, the color is grayish blue with some white dots. You put it by the light from outside, it was pretty and extraordinary.

It was given by Camilo the day by the river, he made things a bit awkward and tried to lighten the mood up, by giving you a pretty rock that he found.

-

"Here." The boy handed you a little pebble that he has since the moment he got here. Beaming as you took it gently from his hands, your fingers brushing lightly at each other.

"A... rock." You stammered, eyeing the piece of earth in your hands, repeatedly glancing back and found towards the boy.

"Yeah, I want to give it to you as a gift." He started, sliding closer to you, stopping with a little space when he notice you tense up. "Luisa and Mira are known to be a rock in my family, so I wanna be your rock."