When you didn't say I love you back [Madrigals x gn!reader]

Summary: Isabela, Camilo, Mirabel, and Antonio's reaction when you didn't say I love you back.

Antonio's scenario is platonic

-

— ISABELA feeds her pitcher plant Nepenthes, as she talks about her day from the town, her room glows when she purposely make palm trees beneath her and doing parkour to her messy painted bed, where you lie, reading a book

"I didn't know Citronella can be used as a repel to mosquitoes. Mamà didn't approve it though, she said it's dangerous to the lungs." She shouted, as she bounced off the bed and swing by a vine.

"Did you take the plants down?", you inquired, looking umbothered of the chaos that is happening in front of you.

"Yep, I planted them somewhere else, where no one can find it." The madrigal finally lied on her own bed, out of breath from all the jumping, as the adrenaline is still in her body.

You put the book down, before pulling her closer to you—you can feel her beating beating fast from the stunts she pull earlier. You guys stayed there, in each other's arms before you remembered Mirabel's dare about try not saying "I love you" or she's gonna make you eat a week old chilli, she makes sure it's very spicy and smells horrible.

You thought of a plan on how to avoid of her saying the 3 words since she always expects you to say it back considering that you're the one who said it first when you started dating. You were lucky that Isabela doesn't say "I love you" much, only when you're about to leave.

"Mi flor?" She called out, "I love you."

Your eyes widen, unexpecting her to say it out of blue. "Hmm? Why all the sudden?" You chuckle, wanting to finish this thing as soon as possible.

Not gonna lie, her voice is sweeter than the honey itself, so whenever you heard her say it you were in heaven.

"I just think I don't say it much, I just want you to know how grateful I am to have you." She paused, cuddling closer. "So, I love you, [name]."

"Oh, um—" words got caught on your throat, you want to, you really do! But Dolores will snitch on you just because. "—thank you..?"

You know you messed up, when she pulled away from you with an angered look. "Thank you?!" She repeated, "that's seriously all you can say to my confession?!"

But the chilli- was all you can think about, is it really worth it though? Yes, she's so adorable with that puffed cheeks and frown brows. Before you could reply, you're being dragged out by a vine with thorns so you can't free yourself.

"No, no, no, no, wait! Cariño! I can explain- aah!" The Madrigal lifted you upside down, putting you a little close to her face. The position made you a little light head, and the swinging of the vine did not help at all.