Part 1

Laughter erupts suddenly as a mini explosion toppled over a mostly empty bookshelf.
"I could have told you that would happen." Loki says with that trademark grin of his. Dr. Stephen Strange who was less than amused shot him a glare as he waved his hands to put the books in their rightful locations.
"Haha- real funny" he spoke sarcastically.
"It was, and Vita and Mortem agree" The pair very much did and had been cackling in Loki's mind the entire time.
"Then why didn't you say anything?"
"Oh I don't know, maybe because you said.. what was it again?" Loki right then and there turned into Stephen mimicking him near perfectly. "I am a gifted sorcerer Loki, I don't need your help." he quoted before grinning and turning back to his usual self.
"Well if you're so clever tell me what I'm doing wrong." Stephen snarked.
"Oh I'd be delighted." Loki says. "Let me show you." he says getting into position near Stephen, facing the target.
"First of all you're two stiff in your shoulders. Second you need to think about where you want the spell to go, not what you want it to do. Spells are spells. Unless you're absolutely terrible, it will do the same thing. You've just got to focus on making it precise." Loki explains. "Like this."
With a flick of his wrist a bolt of green energy shot out and hit the target right on in the form of a small knife.
"Nice shot!" Mortem cheered
"Not bad." Vita says.
Stephen was puzzled. "How do I know you didn't just cast an illusion?"
"Why would I cast an illusion? I'm trying to help you" Loki says with a laugh "now come here let me show you what I mean." He says pulling the other closer. Their eyes meet, and the world froze for a moment. 
"Cmon cmon cmon!!" Mortem repeated anxiously but Loki wasn't listening. 
"It's not gonna happen" Vita says nonchalantly.
There's a ding from Stephen's phone, and like that the moment was gone.
"You should probably check that." Loki says. "It's rare they contact you unless something they find important happens"
"True. Although, what I deem important is far different then what they find important." Stephen says shaking his head whilst grabbing his phone.
Loki sighs with a nod turning to look back at the target. It wasn't perfect. Not as he had hoped it would be at least. Looking at it he remembered a moment training with his mother. A long time ago. While he was still a child. 

He had been training for hours upon hours. Throwing knife after knife and the targets at the other end of the training grounds. Earlier that day, his brother and his friends had rejected him. They said he was too weak to train with them. That he wouldn't last a second against any of them if he tried. Thor had told him to train more so he could hang out with him and the others.
Loki had been furious. Taking his anger out on the training field. His mother walked out seeing as he threw a knife much like the one he just conjured, hitting just to the right of the center mark. 
"Excellent form. Loki that was remarkable." Frigga told him.
"It's not good enough!" He snapped storming over to the target and pulling the knife.

"And tell me, why isn't it good enough, my child?" 
Loki stared down at the small knife in his clenched hand mumbling an excuse.
"Now now. You know what I've said about the mumbling." Frigga says, guiding him to sit down with her. "Tell me what's troubling you"
"They said I wasn't strong enough." he pouted.  "Thor and his stupid friends.. they think I'm weak"
"Oh well that's the most foolish thing I've ever heard." Frigga said. "Loki tell me, when people ask who is the strongest in all the nine realms, who do they say?"
"Odin" Loki answered simply.
"Now who do you think is the strongest? Someone who could beat him any day?"
"Well.." Loki's face scrunched in deep thought for a moment before he looked up at his mother. "You mother"
Frigga grinned. "And why is that my child? I'm not near as physically strong as he is"
"No- but you're wise, mother. You could outwit him at anything!" Loki says.
"So what do you think you need to do to beat Thor?" Frigga asks. Once again, Loki's face contorted in thought.
"I need to be smarter than him." he eventually says looking up at his mother.

"Precisely, you may never match his brawn. But you can become stronger than him with your mind Loki." Frigga says. "Remember, it doesn't matter how strong the attack is, if it's not in the right place." Loki wrapped his arms around her in a quick but firm hug.

"Thank you, mother."   He says before getting up.

"And where are you going?" Frigga asks.

"The library! I need to start studying so I can win." And with that he ran off

Loki pulled the knife out of the target, a small smile on his face from the memory. He'd been thinking an awful lot of his mother lately. He hesitated as his mind wandered to the offer the witch made him. He could have his mother again- he turned to look at Strange who seemed irritated and immediately pushed the thought aside. He couldn't betray Stephen, not after everything he'd done for him.
"So" he walked over to Stephen. "What are they contacting you about sorcerer?" Stephen looked up.
"Oh it's nothing." He says. "The others are just being nonsensical in the group chat." he says, shaking his head.
"Group chat?"
"Yes it's a way we can reach each other all at once through our devices." Stephen says pocketing his phone.
"I see." Loki says uninterested
"Actually now that I am thinking about it you should get one." Stephen points out
"Pardon?" Loki questions with a tilt of his head.
"A phone. It would make you easier to find and contact if we were to be separated for any reason. And you could talk to your brother as well. I'm sure Stark could make it strong enough to talk to him even if he was in space." Stephen explains.
"I don't know if that's necessary- I don't even know how those things work."   Loki says, obviously hesitant.

"Don't worry I can show you. Come on." Stephen says, leading Loki out of the training room. Of course Loki followed. "If Rodgers and Barnes who are from the 1940's could figure out how to use a phone. So can you."
"Would I be permitted to be in this group chat?" Loki asks as they walk together. 
"I don't see why you wouldn't." Stephen says. The smallest of smiles appeared on Loki's face. He would get to be included.
"Get changed into some socially acceptable clothes and I'll meet you at the door."
"Alright." Loki nodded, going to his room. He let out a breathy sigh leaning against his door.
"What's wrong with 'em?" Mortem questions in Loki's head.
"He's just nervous about his date" Vita says with a giggles
"Oh please I am not nervous. And it is certainly not what these mortals call a date- he's just going to get me a phone" Loki protested looking through his clothes. He'd bought them with a bit of wong's and Stephen's help. While he normally would just use magic and conjure clothes up. He liked having things of his own.
"Right right. The two of you are just going out so he can buy you something nice" Vita says.
"Sounds like a date to me!" Mortem cheers
"I swear if you two don't let this go I will just leave you here. I've told you how nonsensical it is to imply any sort of romantic relationship between me and the sorcerer." Loki says sternly
"No, don't leave us here!" Mortem begged
"It gets so borrrringggg" Vita whined
"Then shut up about this" Loki says before snapping his fingers to transform his clothes into a button down green shirt, a pair of nice black jeans and boots.
He only owned one pair of jeans. One of the things Stephen insisted on for the sake of being able to present somewhat casual in a public setting.
Loki had originally hated the idea. But they eventually grew on him. And he wore them all the time.
Vita and Mortem were once again cufflinks that Loki quickly adjusted in the mirror along with the collar of his shirt before quickly stepping out to meet back with Stephen. All the while ignoring Vita and Mortem's complaining.