Part 5

Stephen did not sleep that night. Instead he spent all night using tracking spells to try and find The Scarlet Witch. No luck of course. He couldn't find her no matter what combination of spells he tried.
He hadn't seen nor spoken to anyone in hours. Not since they took Loki.
How was he supposed to explain what really happened?
How could he say that he let her go just to save Loki?
Would they even believe him? Stephen highly doubted that. So he needed to find the witch. He needed to find her so she could tell confirm his story. It was his only chance at getting Loki free.
But would Loki ever trust him again?
The image of Loki's pleading eyes kept appearing in his mind.
The thought made his chest start to ache, his heart to feel heavy and his eyes water.
What had he done?
Stephen didn't realize he was crying until he saw the tear stained papers on the table before him. He was quick to turn away and wipe away the tears, not wanting to ruin the papers. He couldn't think clearly anyway. Maybe that's way his spells weren't working.
He decided to at least take a break and without thinking about it walked up to the roof. To his dismay, his thoughts were immediately filled with memories with Loki.
After finding him up here the first time, the two of them had turned it into a meeting spot. He and Loki would sit and talk for hours or, they would simply sit in silence enjoying each others company.
Stephen didn't stop the tears this time, to overwhelmed with regret. He ruined everything..
How could he have been so stupid?