Part 16

"Do we have everything we need here?" Bucky asks.

"Theoretically." Stephen says.

"You still have little faith?" Thor questions.

"This Witch.. we didn't stand a chance against her last time." Stephen says.

"We didn't have Thor or the guardians." Bucky says.

"And she can take us out like she did with Carol and Sam. And Wanda." Stephen says.

"So we need more power?" Peter Quill says. "Well we have a contact with Captain Marvel."

"She trusted you with a direct contact?" Bucky questions.

"Yes!" Peter says indignantly. "We both do.. space stuff."

"He begged her for it." Rocket says.

"I didn't beg for it" Peter says with dismissive glare. "It was a suggestion."

"Whatever- moving on. We need all the help we can get. So. There are a few avengers on earth that we can call in." Bucky says

"Like who exactly? None of them are very happy with us right now." Stephen says. "Well.. there is Spider-man. He would be willing to help. I can go get him. Who were you thinking, Bucky?"

Bucky had a bit of whiplash. He hadn't heard anyone call him that since Steve went back to his time. He knew he told Stephen to call him that, but it still felt weird. He hesitated, but quickly moved on. "There's this bug guy? Ant.. something." Bucky says "He was on my side after.. an incident. Not the point. I can use a sling ring to go get him and come back."

"Are you sure?" Stephen asks. "You've only barely read through the basics."

"Yeah I'm pretty sure. Worst comes to worst you have to get me yourself." Bucky says standing up and slipping on the sling rings from the bag.

"So it's settled. We'll talk to Carol, Wizard will get the man of spiders, and Mr Barnes will get the man of ants!" Thor says

"Let's do it then." Bucky says changing his stance before following along with what he'd read in the book.
Stephen's eyes widened in surprise as he watched a portal appear in front of Bucky. What was really impressive is that it was as if it didn't take much effort at all.
"Here goes nothing." Bucky said casually as he stepped through. The portal closed behind him.

"Has he always been able to do that?" Thor questions.

"Nope." Stephen says, shaking his head a bit to regain focus. "Just focus on getting Carol." He says conjuring a portal of his own. "I'll be back as quickly as I can." And with that he stepped through the portal.

"You did what?!?"

"Stark.. Tony. Calm down." Stephen says with an exasperated sigh.

"First off, this is calm. Second, you're an idiot, third, all of this is going on and no one told me? Fourth, you're a Idiot!"

"Mr. Stark, you said that twice." Peter piped in.

"I know!" Tony says before taking a breath. "I know.."

"Look- I honestly thought you were notified." Stephen says. Which was the honest truth. He certainly didn't expect to be in this situation. Sitting in Tony's cabin is much different then showing up in Parker's New York apartment. "At least about most of it. I was going to find Parker because we need all the help we can get, and I didn't know if the others had gotten to you yet."

"And they don't like you very much right now do they?" Tony sassed.

"Honestly I don't exactly know. But they are against Loki because they think this is his fault. Which it's not, he's a victim in this." Stephen says.

"And I'm supposed to believe this, how? How do you know he didn't let out the evil witch lady that happens to be like our witch lady but y'know evil?"

"Because I did." Stephen says.

"Whaa why would you do that?!?" Peter asks.

"Good question, yes Mr I'm magical and smarter than everyone else. Why would you do that?" Tony sassed.

"Look, it was a complicated situation.."

"We've got time. Right Peter?" Tony asks, glancing at him.

"Yeah, Pepper and Aunt May took Morgan on a weekend spa thing." Peter says awkwardly. "So." Stephen let out a long sigh, running a hand through his hair.

"Spit it out." Tony says.

"I let her out to save Loki." Stephen began to explain. "When I brought him back, I knew there would be complications. That's why I was insistent on being the one to keep an eye on him. But I miss judged said complications. He was weak, very very weak."

"Then how was he able to save you guys from Wanda's evil twin?" Tony asks.

"While in the sanctum he was chosen by an artifact. A set of Knives. And these knives strengthened his spirit in a magical sense, enough to essentially fake being physically fine." Stephen explains. "Anyways.. after he saved us and we caught the witch. We went back to the sanctum and I thought everything was fine but he put down the knives and passed out. With Wanda's help I spent the rest of the night till early morning attempting to find a permanent solution. I never found anything.. but the other realities Wanda. She contacted me, and she convinced me to let her go in return for saving Loki's life." Stephen confessed. "But you have to understand she promised she'd leave. I had no idea it would come too this. I didn't know."

Tony and Peter stayed silent for a moment. Leaving Stephen to regret everything all over again for the 100th time.

"Peter go get your suit" Tony says

"Huh?"

"You heard me kid." Tony says, turning to look at him. "Go get your suit." Peter didn't hesitate now running up stairs.

"You're going to help?"

"Well.. I saved the universe once already. I'm not letting that go to shit." Tony says. "Besides, we needed something to do anyway." He joked as he stood. "Just gimme some more warning next time you go and risk the entire universe for one guy okay?"

"Look, I could lie and say if I'd known it would turn out like this I wouldn't have done it but.." Stephen goes to say

"But you'd be lying." Tony says with that knowing nod of his. "I get it. And before you try and say that I don't. Let me just say you are not subtle."

"What is that supposed to mean??" Stephen asks.

"Please. I remember that little get together after the wicked witch was locked up." Tony says. "You hardly looked away from the emo prince himself once."
Stephen opened his mouth to say something. Only to be cut off by Tony.
"Don't embarrass yourself. Let's just go save your boyfriend and the universe. And hopefully me and the kid will be back before the girls ever knew we were gone."

"He's not-

"Whatever you say Mr. sparkles"