Part 21

Bucky ran up to Stephen. Falling too his knees as he flipped through the magic book. "Shit shit shit shit shit.."

"Chapter 4.. page 52." Stephen's voice was shaky from the pain. He held his hand against the wound, applying pressure in an attempt to slow the bleeding.

"Okay okay.. here." He says reading the page Stephen told him. "So many words fuck-." He complained.

Loki was trembling with a mixture of fear, confusion and regret.
"Loki? Is it you now?" He heard Thor speak.

"Yes.." he managed to speak. "Yes it's me." He couldn't manage to hold eye contact. Though he found himself not needing too as Thor walked up to him and pulled him into a hug. Loki stood there to stunned to move. Thor tightened his grip and Loki broke down into sobs returning the hug.

"There- did that work?" Bucky asks having found the spell he was looking for and attempted to cast it. Both looked down too see the wound closing up at a surprising rate.

"Yes- for now at least." Stephen says struggling to get up. Carol helping him and Bucky to their feet.

Thor let go of the hug, putting his hands on Loki's shoulders. "No more of this.. I don't like having to fight you."

Loki laughed wiping his own tears away. "Because you're tired of losing right?" He joked.

"Sure, something like that." Thor joked in return.

Loki turned too see Stephen standing only a few paces away. His gaze turned cold. The short moment seemed to last an eternity and Loki hated every second. He wanted desperately to go up to him, make sure he was okay.. just talk to him, But he couldn't bring himself too. Instead he found himself thinking back to the last time he'd seen the sorcerer. Standing in the sanctum.. begging Stephen to take his side. While he said nothing. The feelings of grief, betrayal, loneliness all came rushing back.

Stephen hesitated..
Loki turned away. 
"We don't have much time." He spoke sternly "We have to stop that Witch before it's too late. I know where she is but we have to move quickly."

"Well then lead the way brother." Thor says patting his shoulder. Loki looked to Thor a bit surprised by such a statement. He'd grown so used to his brother taking charge of things- and running into danger with a sense of reckless abandon.
"Alright.. this way." He says turning to walk down the hall. Thor and Carol not hesitating to follow.

Bucky looked at Stephen with sympathy. Stephen could only sigh and follow the others in silence, regretting his decision all over again. Would he get the chance to explain himself? And would it be enough to mend what relationship he and Loki had?