Part 4

Loki paced around his cell trying too hold back tears that kept threatening to fall. He knew the others were watching him and he refused to look weak. But that didn't mean it was easy. He was so angry, not just angry. He was in pain. But anger was certainly the loudest emotion at the moment. 
In fact all of his emotions were so loud and vivid he couldn't hear Vita or Mortem.
He could barely even hear his own thoughts as the events of earlier that day played through his mind. The betrayal inside was too much. Why? After everything.. why didn't Stephen defend him? Did he not earn his trust? Was truly still alone?
In a fit of rage he punched the clear wall, causing the entire thing to shake. He would have done it again but he heard a small wince.
Opening his eyes he saw Wanda standing outside the cell.

"Tch- what do you want?" He says coldly.

"To know why" she said simply.

"As I said. I didn't set that witch free." Loki said with a glare before turning away from her.

"And how can we believe that?"

"Because she was my enemy too. You were there. You heard what she said." Loki says. "She wanted to destroy the world. Do you really think I'm stupid enough to want that?" He asks rhetorically.

"You tried to destroy it the past" Wanda points out.

"On the contrary I tried to rule it." Loki says. "Which was foolish"

"Loki look we just need to know what happened." Wanda says.  "Stephen.."

"Then you can go find the damn Witch and ask her yourself!" Loki snapped cutting her off.

Wanda tensed up, and without another word, she left.

Loki leaned against the wall, letting out a shaky breath, trying to hold it all back. Trying to retain what control he had. He ultimately failed slowly sliding down the wall to sit as the tears fell. He finally broke down. The strong facade was gone. All that was there was truth. The truth of the pain he felt. His aching heart and wounded soul. From the betrayal from someone who he thought he was finally able to trust.

"Why..?" He spoke in a choked up sob. "Why can't anything ever go right?.."