Part 10

"Okay so I'm no magic expert But I'm pretty sure if you keep casting the same spell over and over again you're gonna get the same result"  Bucky says.

"It doesn't make any sense. I have to be doing something wrong because this is showing that he's nowhere on the planet" Stephen says.

"Wow okay. You really are stupid" Bucky says.

"Pardon?"

"If he's not on the planet, then he's obviously not on the planet."

Stephen opened his mouth to reply then closed it. Bucky laughed slightly.

"You have proven very useful Barnes."

"Oh is that why you keep me around?" Bucky sassed.

"Partially. You remind me to have a bit of common sense." Stephen says as he prepares the spell.

"Whatever I can do to help I suppose." Bucky shrugged watching as sparks appeared around Stephen's hands. 
Stephen closed his eyes, focusing all his energy on locating Loki. This time however it worked. His eyes opened as a magical vision appeared before him.  It was Loki standing looking out a window in space. He wore all black. And his hair hung over his face. But his eyes could be clearly seen glowing a deep red. The vision changed to a deserted plain. Nothing alive in sight, everything was singed black as charcoal.

Stephen leaned on the table as he was brought back to his own reality.

"Did you find him?"

"I know where he is.." Stephen says as he catches his breath. "He's in Asgard." 

"I thought Thor said it was destroyed?" Bucky says confused.

"It was.. but the plane still exists. Barren or not" Stephen says.

"Well how do we get there?" Bucky asks. "It'll take some work- but I know I can get us there. But we need a plan first. Loki isn't himself.. I think the scarlet witch has him under her control"

"Then we need to figure out how to break him out of it. And when we do we can do the same for Romanoff"

"Well. Looks like we got to start reading." Stephen says walking over to the bookshelf. "And hey, maybe you'll learn something"

"I doubt it- I don't think magic is something in my grasp."

"You say that, but you're talking to a surgeon who has nerve damage in their hands" Stephen says grabbing a couple books. "If you wanted to, you could learn." He says before setting the books down on the table. "Start with these and see if you find anything useful. I'll grab some more"

"I'll keep that in mind." Bucky says, sitting down to read. "Good luck." he mutters, opening the first book. This was going to be a long night.