Part 11

"Finally got contact with Carol are she's on her way" Bruce says.

"Good. We're going to need her. What about Thor?" Sam asks.

"I've left multiple messages but no replies yet."

"Let us know as soon as he replies. Now who all does this so called Scarlet Witch know about?" Clint says.

"We're not sure. But if she knew about Romanoff.. she could know about everybody" Wanda explains. Clint nodded thoughtfully

"Do we know exactly what she's planning to do?"

"Not fully- but she did mention this world dying so. Whatever it is, it can't be good" Sam says.

"Great okay" Clint mutters.

"We don't know where she is. And we have still haven't received a word from Strange or Barnes." Wanda adds.

"Well then I guess we need to just break in and see what's happened." Clint says.

"Oh would ya look at that. Exactly what I've been saying we should do the whole time" Sam says smugly.

"Very well then." Wanda says.

"Bruce, you and I will keep an eye out for Nat. Wanda and Sam you two get into the sanctum and figure out what's going on." Clint says.

"Well let's get goin' then!" Sam says.

"Stephen?"

"Stephen!" Bucky called out once again.

"What-?" Stephen looked up from his mess of a desk. "Did you find something?"

"Yes I think I did." Bucky says placing the book on the table. "So you said the sling ring thingy wouldn't work, to not being powerful enough to reach Asgard now that it's been destroyed. But according to this. There can be an enchantment made so it can take you too any place desired. All that is required is something from said place"

"Why didn't I think of that??" Stephen says grabbing the book and reading it over.

"All we need is Thor, according to this even just a strand of hair would work." Bucky explains.

"You are brilliant." Stephen says with a grin.

Bucky snorted "me or the book?"

"You. Thank you." Stephen says.

"Oh- yeah- uh. No problem?" Bucky says not expecting that one. "So how do we reach Thor?"

Before Stephen could answer that question. They heard knocking on the sanctum doors. Stephen sighs.

"They're back again.." he mutters irritatedly.

"Do you want me to tell them to leave?" Bucky asks.

"They won't listen." Stephen shakes his head. "We'll have to go to Thor"  

"Right okay- what do I do?"

"Grab one of the bags from off the wall over there and put the book in it" Stephen says.

Bucky nods grabbing a bag off the wall. But he also saw the sling rings on the table and grabbed a pair just in case.

"We're in luck. The guardians ship is currently not in motion" Stephen says. "Don't know how long it will last though. So we need to go"

Bucky puts the bag over his shoulder. "Then let's go"

Wanda had just managed to get through the door. Her and Sam looking around.

"I don't seem em"

"They're further in the sanctum." Wanda says leading the way, Sam tailing behind. Shelves upon shelves of books they had to weave through searching for the avengers gone rogue.

"This way." She says leading him to the basement just intime for her to see Stephen walk through the border of sparks. "Stephen!" She called out. He turned and they made eye contact as she ran to try to cross the gateway. Only for it too close right in front of her.

"Dammit."