𝟎𝟓. 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫.

CHAPTER FIVE—JUST HER.

(minho's perspective)

"have you seen her, newt?!" minho exclaimed, clearly already having feelings for the greenie. he sat down next to the boy "she's just so..." he glanced over to emmy, she was eating alone. well, she wasn't really eating. she was just pushing her food around.

"so...what?" newt snickered as he ate his stew, already fed up of minho.

"so gorgeous." he mumbled, still keeping his gaze on the blonde girl. "i mean, her hair is so... i dunno. but, she smells nice."

newt found this amusing, he never thought he'd see minho so whipped over someone especially a greenie.

"minho." he coughed, but minho didn't turn around. "you're staring and she's noticed."

this made the runner look back to newt, feeling slightly embarrassed for the first time. he didn't know what he was feeling, he was sure it was just because he couldn't remember seeing a girl before.

"well, i have to admit she's pretty." newt smiled and minho nodded. "and i'm not even into—" he cut himself off, realising he shouldn't finish his sentence.

—girls, he's not even into girls. minho thought, he wished newt would tell him. but, he didn't want him to feel like he should be forced to.

"she's not just pretty, newt." minho spoke up, breaking the awkwardness of the conversation. the british boy rolled his eyes, he had heard this so many times this week.

"i know, 'she's gorgeous'." newt mocked with a scowl added onto the end. this earned a punch to his arm from minho.

"no, not just that. she's funny, too."

"oh my god, minho, i think you're in love." newt sarcastically said and minho pulled a face, shaking his head.

"i haven't talked to her since that day." he admitted, looking down at his stew. "i just feel like she's on the edge." he kept glancing at her, watching her miserably pretend to eat.

"that was only a week ago, minho." newt chuckled and minho nodded.

"i know but it feels like month." now he couldn't keep his eyes off of emmy, he had to approach her.

before newt could stop him, he got up and walked over to her. as he slipped into the space next to her, she slightly shuffled away. when minho didn't get the hint, she gave him a nasty glare.

"what'd i do?" he scoffed, annoyed with her actions.

"just leave me alone, please." she didn't want to beg him. what he didn't know was that she hadn't really talked to anyone but frypan since the banishment. "i don't feel like being called a shank right now."

"but i—"

"just go." emmy cut him off and a frown set over his face, making the greenie feel guilty. "please." she added. minho nodded, sighed, and moved back over next to newt, who had a smirk plastered across his face.

"she hasn't talked to me, either." he tried to make minho feel better but it was no use. "it's not your fault." newt assured him.

"who is it then?" he sighed and ate him stew, occasionally looking at the girl.

"george. you should've seen her face when they found the body." newt felt bad, but he wished she would talk to them about it. "pretty much hasn't talked to anyone -other than our dearest fry- since."

"lucky shank." minho muttered, trying his very best not to be angry with the cook. they had got on so well the first few days, he just wished it didn't all go wrong. "i'll try again tomorrow."

"no, minho. give her time." he began to get annoyed at the boy's hopelessness in romance. "if you want her to like you ba—"

"no, not like that! i just want to be friends." he cut off the blonde boy, defensively raising his voice.

"minho, you were just calling her gorgeous a second ago." he snickered with a glare given to him in return.

emmy finally looked up, catching eye contact with minho. neither of them looked away, this was all he had wanted all night. it was alby who broke the eye contact by sitting next to the greenie, making her attention change.

out of annoyance, minho cursed under his breath and continued eating. all he wanted was for her to talk to him, for her to laugh with him.

one thing he liked about her was her accent, it was posh but not too posh. whilst newt's was more rough, hers was much more soft. it was nice to listen to.

"hey, alby." he heard those words slip out of emmy's mouth whilst he listened into the conversation.

"how you doing, greenie?" both minho and newt were surprised at how nice alby was being to emmy.

"i'm good, thanks." she clearly lied, the two boys that were watching could tell and sent each other a knowing look.

"is minho bothering you? because i can sort him out." before he could retaliate, which newt could tell he would. he grabbed minho's arm and shook his head.

"don't you dare." he mumbled whilst looking at his best friend directly in the eye with a straight face. minho simply just rolled his eyes whilst smirking ever so slightly.

emmy quickly looked over to him, the two quickly looked away and started their own conversation. she smiled and looked back over to alby.

"no, minho's my friend."

a/n: reminder that emmy wasn't being a bitch, it's just from minho's perspective