𝟬𝟴. 𝗯𝗼𝗻𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲 ||

CHAPTER EIGHT—BONFIRE II
[EMMY'S PERSPECTIVE]

THE GREENIE AND EMMY had got on quite well, to minho's surprise. it was almost like they had clicked instantly. this annoyed him, but he had no idea why but it did. so far, he did not like the new boy.

minho didn't know why, but the greenie had become friends with emmy and newt. they were his two closest friends within the glade, what if the greenie took them away from him?

he was overthinking, but he didn't even realise it. the greenie seemed nice enough, but minho couldn't see that. all he could see was a new enemy, it was very childish.

everyone was preparing for the bonfire, he could see a huge smile across emmy's face as she talked to the newbie. she caught his stare and they didn't break eye contact for what felt like eternity. it made butterflies flutter around in minho's stomach.

newt came up behind the boy, breaking the stare between the two gladers. he smiled and put his arm around minho's shoulder.

"what do you think of the new greenie, eh?" newt asked and minho just shrugged.

"i don't trust him." he said in such quiet mutter that newt could barely hear him. in response, the brit just laughed and patted the boy's shoulder.

newt was happier than usual was something minho had picked up. it was quite a random time for him to be so cheerful, then he watched newt run over to the greenie and it all made sense.

newt had caught feelings.

and by the looks of it, the greenie had also grown a liking to newt.

this made minho feel like an idiot, he had been so jealous and scared that newt would leave minho for him. turns out, that wasn't what the greenie wanted to do at all. he didn't want to be best friends with newt. he wanted something more than that.

this made him wonder if he also had feelings towards emmy, even the thought of it made his blood boil.

except he had no idea why, he had almost convinced himself that he was just protective over his running partner. but deep down he knew it was something else. minho just wasn't ready to admit his feelings for the girl.

as he continued to get lost in his own thoughts, he didn't see emmy herself run up to him. she was also much more cheerful than normal.

"what are you daydreaming about, then?" she teased, with a cute little chuckle on the end.

"oh, you know, just punching that greenie right in the face." he smirked at the thought, emmy sent him a glare in return of his response.

"i think he's sweet, actually." emmy disagreed and minho shook his head.

"i don't like or trust him." he simply said and the girl rolled her eyes.

she snickered, "sounds like someone has trust issues."

"shut up, shank." he snapped and emmy's eyes widened.

"anger issues too, apparently." the girl jogged over to gally, helping him set up for the bonfire.

minho was jealous of the way she teased gally. all he did was ignore her, which also annoyed minho. emmy always tried so hard to be friends with gally, all she would get in return is a shrug.

he wished that she would give him that attention. but minho knew that probably wouldn't happen, they had already established their friendship. what was the point of emmy giving him any more attention than she already had?