𝟏𝟎. 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐬

CHAPTER TEN—SWEET LITTLE RUNS
[MINHO'S PERSPECTIVE]

MINHO WAS WELL aware about his feelings for emmy by now. he could even remember the exact moment he realised that he liked her.

it was after she'd finished her third and final book. she immediately ran to his room to talk to him all about it. and even though she was still in tears from the ending, he watched her as she ranted on about her favourite and least favourite characters.

"i hate him so much, worst character ever. he's such a... penis!" she yelled and minho snickered.

"a penis? who says that?" he made fun of her, making her eyes gently roll as she secretly liked the way he teased her.

"yeah, he like did all this shit to her for literally no reason!" emmy continued to rant, ignoring minho.

she talked for about an hour, and minho listened. the boy found himself surprisingly interested. and it wasn't because of the book, it was because of her.

when she finished, she looked up at him, making eye contact. butterflies flew around minho's stomach as they gazed into each other's eyes. neither looked away, they didn't want to look away. all they wanted was to sit in that moment forever.

a knock came at the door, causing emmy to jump a little and break the eye contact she had been holding. the blonde girl walked over and opened the door, revealing it to be gally.

"hello." she said in a quiet, almost guilty voice.

"what you are doing here...?" he asked, but emmy just pushed past him and ignored the question and heading back to her room.

minho liked to believe that if gally didn't walk in, she would've stayed. but he knew that was far from true.

gally had given him a lecture about how relationships were "off limits" but he just ignored the entirety of the speech. all he could think about was her.

"yeah, gally. time for you to go, i've seen enough of you for one day." he pushed gally out the door, slamming it in the poor boy's face.

minho knew he should tell someone, but then again he needed to get over emmy. so, he went straight to his very trustworthy friend newt.

"well at least your self aware now." he laughed, knowing about minho's feelings for a while now.

"what! you knew?" he yelled, a little too loud.

"yeah, it wasn't much of a bloody secret." newt snickered, walking over to fry's kitchen to get his breakfast. minho stood still for a second, lost in thought, before following the blond.

before he could pester newt any more, emmy walked over to him. she gave him a nudge and a wave, which he returned.

"you over that book yet, shank?" minho snickered and emmy shook her head.

"no, i'll still not over it." she rolled her eyes, crossing her arms.

minho smiled and grabbed a plate of food for himself and and a plate for emmy. she thanked him as they sat down together.

they ate in a comfortable silence, constantly making eye contact and then becoming flustered.

emmy was the first to speak, "wanna borrow the book i read?"

"i'm not a shucking nerd like you." minho scoffed and paused. "but yes, i want to borrow the book." he mumbled and stuffed some food in his mouth.

she smiled at his response, blushing slightly. unfortunately for him, minho didn't notice this but even if he did that wouldn't convince him that emmy actually liked him that way.

i mean, she could have anyone, why would she choose him?

____________________

their run today was minho's favourite so far. they were running and their hands brushed against each other, both of them blushed and ignored the touch.

the pair kept running, an hour passed, their fingers brushed again. it happened again shortly after.

minho thought that was it, no more physical contact. then she grabbed his hand, he stopped, looked down at it and back up at her. the girl also stopped she was looking at the ground and coughed.

once emmy realised what she did, she dropped his hand. as she felt embarrassed, minho felt better than ever.

he couldn't wait to tell newt all about it when he got back to the glade. the poor boy will never hear the end of it.

the smirk on minho's face didn't fade away right until they got back to the glade, as he was approached by a distraught alby.

"minho." he looked at the floor, trying to hide the tears that prickled in his eyes. "emmy."

"what's wrong?" the blonde girl asked, stepping forward as a worried face washed over her. alby had never been this soft, it scared both of the runners.

"it's nick."

IM SO SORRY ITS BEEN SO LONG

i also apologise that this chapter is short, i literally had no idea what to write

anyways emmy x minho is back wooo!!!
hopefully the next chapter be very soon :))