xi. 𝐝𝐞𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡

"A boy

"A boy." an unknown voice rung as Kody jogged down the stairs the next morning. "Burglar?"

Kody turned, locking eyes with a curly haired girl in the kitchen, eating from a peanut butter jar. "There's a burglar?"

"Is it you?" she rose her eyebrows his way.

"No." he shot back with frowned eyebrows. "Is it you?"

"This is my grandparents house." she eyed him oddly. "Did they adopt a new one?"

"Oh, he's Eli's friend." Lolly walked from outside, a glow to her skin. "Kody, this is Karter."

"With the lesbian moms." Kody grinned, nodding his head as he sat down. "Now I remember."

"Woah, Eli only has lanky friends with pale skin and dark hair." Karter confirmed, offering him the jar. "You want some?"

"Nut allergy." Kody nodded, seeing the look on her face. "Go ahead, make the joke. I've heard them all."

"No, no, I wasn't gonna say anything." Karter sucked her lips in the stop the laugh. "Where's that cousin of mine?"

"Doing his hair." Kody said in return, scratching at a half way formed pimple on his jaw.

"Good, then you take these." Lolly cut in, handing him two bowls of dip. "Since my lovely grandson wants to starve instead of eat his food."

Kody took the bowls, Karter getting the large pan as they headed out of the back doors. "So, how do you know Eli?"

"I dyed his hair for him." Kody hummed, laying the bowls down on one of the picnic tables. "How do you know him?"

Karter rose her eyebrows. "Small gene pool."

"Small jeans are the worst. The button always stabs you in the stomach when you sit." he nodded his head in return, getting a wide eyed look in return.

"Oh god, get away from her." Hawk hurried outside toward the pair. "Don't tell him anything."

"We're talking about genes." Karter said back with risen eyebrows. "The ones you wear, apparently."

"Tell her about the ghost." Kody elbowed him in the side.

"A ghost?" Karters eyes widened.

"There was no gh-" Hawk started.

"A ghost!" Lolly yelled as she walked outside. "It's probably just Mrs.Rambee."

"Who's Mrs.Rambee?" Kody frowned his eyebrows.

"Nobody!" Hawk cut in, trying to give his grandmother a knowing look.

"Don't scare that child, Mom." One of Karters moms, Lauren, walked over with a shake of her head. "You already have Karter sleeping with a nightlight."

"Momma." Karter gave a wide eyed look.