xxix. 𝐒𝐭𝐮𝐩𝐢𝐝 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐒𝐢𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐫

"Kody, you coming down for diner?" Dotti poked her head around the corner

"Kody, you coming down for diner?" Dotti poked her head around the corner. They left this morning to see her in laws new house, Kody in his bedroom they had for him and his cousins.

"Yeah, two minutes." he smiled over at her, getting one in return. As soon as the door shut, Kody got out of bed and held his phone to his ear. "Coast in clear."

"I'm out front." Alaska said in return as he went toward the window. "Do not fall."

"I'm not gonna-" he started, falling out the window. Thankfully, they had only been on one story.

"What'd I tell you?" she mocked him.

"I'm coming." he held his shoulder, rolling it as he sprinting across the lawn. "My Dad is gonna kill me."

"Well, you've already missed half the All Valley. My personal statement? I'd much rather your Dad kill us instead of that sensei of yours. Dudes kinda a freaky man." she said honestly, driving off down the road. "Prepared?"

"For what?" he blinked in her direction.

"For the All Valley." Alaska gave a knowing look.

"Oh!" he exclaimed. "Yeah, for sure."

"Kody." Miguel gapped, meeting the two as he opened the All Valley doors. "Alaska. I thought-"

"Are you okay?" she cut him off with a worried look. "Looks like you've seen a ghost."

"Just...not feeling it today." he explained honestly. "What are you doing here?"

"Ran away from my grandparents." Kody confirmed with a tight lipped smile. "You?"

Miguel gave him a smile. "You better get in there."

"You're not coming with me?" the O'Dell boy gave him a look.

"Not today." Miguel grabbed the side of his face, leaning his forehead against Kodys. "Be safe, okay?"

"Will do." Kody smiled, leaning back. "Want to take my car home?"

"Might want to adjust the seat, I gotta drive real close." Alaska smiled, holding the keys up.

Miguel gave a little laugh. "I think I might just Uber."

"I'll call you after?" Kody suggested, giving him another grin.

Miguel nodded. "I'll wait."

"Okay." Kody smiled, passing him.

Alaska looked at Miguel curiosity, waiting for Kody to go in. "You sure you're okay, Miguel?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "I guess i've been better."

She nodded her head. "You really gonna go home?"

"No." he told her honestly, staring at her eyes. "You really wanna go in there?"