xv. 𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐝𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞

"I know, I feel like we haven't hung out in a while

"I know, I feel like we haven't hung out in a while." Jimmy spoke to Gina as the trio of teens sat across from them.

"Just crazy busy with the clinic." Gina said in return, sipping her wine. "When Alaska said her and Kody started to get close again, I figured we should do a dinner to make it stick this time."

Jimmy laughed. "I know, I was missing her cheating at uno."

"I don't cheat at uno." Alaska defended herself from between the boys.

"Yeah, you do." Kody pointed out.

Gina looked toward the kitchen to see Zane and Dotti gossiping, making it half way through a bottle. "What do you think they're talking about?"

"Definitely us." Jimmy shoot his head, making Gina grin. Kody gave him an encouraging look. "So, we were thinking about fostering some children."

Alaska held back a laugh, Hawks hand going over his mouth while Kody squeezed the bridge of his nose.

Gina rose her eyebrows. "Are you?"

"But I found out that letting teenagers into the house is actually really dangerous." he went on, shaking his head. "Especially one's that have been in jail. I'd hate to be a good person and put my family in dangerous."

"You really take after your dad." Hawk hummed.

"Really?" Gina didn't seem bothered much, mainly because she knew Robby and adored him from what she'd known. "This wine is so good. Is it handmade?"

Alaskas face fell when she realized that she was stuck living with Robby Keene. "I'll be back."

The boys watched her go in worry, watching closely. Hawk looked to Kody. "Should we talk to her?"

He nodded, going out the door in the back where she headed off too. "Hey, lady."

They sat on either side of her with an exhale. "Don't worry, you can stay here until his mom gets custody again."

"I'm just worried." she admitted honestly, rubbing her neck.

"Why don't you just tell your parents what happened?" Hawk asked honestly, bumping her shoulder with his. "It's not like you could help it."

"Because if they found out about that, then they'll know about all I did afterwards." she shook her head with an exhale. "And regardless if i'm sober now, i'll have to do the rehab thing and I don't want to go."

Kody looked at Hawk, indicating this was what he'd been hiding the whole time. Hawk blinked. "That's rough."

"Yeah." she exhaled, leaning on her knees.

"You could kick his ass." Kody suggested with a minor grin. "That would be fun."

"Didn't he just put some boy in the hospital?" Alaska almost laughed. "Besides, I don't know how to fight."