xxii. 𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐤𝐚

"Hey, Kody?" Hawk got his attention when they pulled up to the LaRusso house

"Mhm?" he hummed, putting his car in park.

"Don't take this, like, in a bad way." he explained, looking down. "I don't think i'm ready to come out yet."

The O'Dell boy nodded. "Come out of where?"

"Like, about my sexuality." Hawk explained as he nodded his head. "Because I don't really know what it is yet."

"Okay." he nodded in return. "So, you want to keep being straight best friends?"

"Just until i'm ready publicly." he nodded in his direction. "But, like, I still wanna..."

Kody grinned as Hawks pinkie touched his hand. "Cool, secret love affair. Let's go pretend to be straight best friends."

Hawk got out as they headed toward the back, Sam ran to Kody immediately. "We have to save her."

"Save who? Princess Diana?" Kody rose his eyebrows.

"Princess Diana is dead." Hawk spoke.

"Alaska." Sam gapped.

"Ugh, Alaska." Hawk rolled his eyes, getting an elbow from Kody.

"What happened? She was kidnapped?" Kody blinked at her quickly.

"No, but I think Cobra Kai is trying to get to her." Sam stated with a worried look. "Her and Tory were hanging out. I just don't want her to get mixed up with Kreese like Robby did."

"Oh, she's not joining Cobra Kai." Kody shook his head. "I will tie her up before she sets foot into that dojo."

"How do you know she's not a spy?" Hawk gave a knowing look. "She could be a spy."

"She's not a spy, she's a Lee." Kody corrected him. "Plus, she wouldn't do that. She's in Hufflepuff, she's loyal."

"I was gonna go to her house after practice." Sam looked up at the two. "Do you guys wanna come?"

"No." Hawk shook his head.

"Yes." Kody spoke. "We'll take Demetri. And Miguel."

"Does she even know Miguel and Demetri?" the red haired boy looked over oddly as they walked to their spot.

"No, not really. But, I think they'd like each other." he hummed, the pair joining Demetri on the platform.

"Ready, bow!" Johnny announced when they all arrived the next day.

"Sensei Lawrence and I have the same goal of preparing you for the tournament." Daniel said soon after. The boys inhaled.

"But we have different ways of getting you there." Johnny spoke awkwardly, but it was clear he'd wanted to make it seem like a good plan.