xxv. 𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫

"Hey

"Hey." Hawk tried to get Kodys attention. The drive in movie had been his idea, their first date as a secret couple, but one of them had been particularly distance. "You okay?"

The boy turned his head with a little smile. "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"You just are being kinda quiet." he explained, his fingers messing with his sleeve.

"We're in a movie." Kody said back, trying to mask his feelings with humor. Hawk gave a knowing look. "My Dad doesn't want me to compete at the All Valley."

"What?" Hawk sat up a little more. "Why?"

"He says that Kreese will try and hurt Eagle Fang and doesn't want me to get in the middle of it." he explained to him with a little head tilt. "I don't know how to tell Sensei Lawrence."

"Are you sure you can't, though? I mean, maybe your dad will change his mind." Hawk tried to find a good reasoning behind his hope. "What if Sensei Lawrence talks to him? They use to be friends, right?"

"I don't know. Maybe." Kody shrugged his shoulders. "He already doesn't like me being in karate."

Hawk knew that was true, he laced his hand in Kodys. "Well, even if you don't get to compete, you'll still show up, right?"

A grin went across the O'Dells boys face, looking away. "I don't know about that."

"Not even to support me?" Hawk faked a gasp. "I was gonna let you dye my hair."

Kody turned his head his way quickly. "You're doing a new color?"

"Thinking about it." he said honestly, seeing how it seemed to make him happier. "How's tonight sound?"

"Sounds fantastic." Kody smiled.

"Well, in the mean time..." Hawk pulled out his wallet. "-more sour skittles?"

"You're the best." Kody flashed him a smile, a little wave of his hand in his direction.

Kody wasn't alone in the car long before the door opened again, making him scream. "What are you doing!"

"Jesus." Alaska gapped at him. "Why'd you yell in my face?"

"I thought you were trying to rob me." he placed a hand on his heart. "Have you just been watching and waiting for him to leave?"

"I didn't want to interrupt your date." she shrugged in return. "I need dating advice since you and your boyfriend seemed to be doing so well."

"Well, I do happen to be a really good boyfriend." he pointed out. "Dating advice for you? I heard you've got two very pretty ladies falling at your feet."

"I think i'm falling at their feet too." Alaska exhaled in disbelief. "Help?"

"Poly?" Kody suggested. "Love a good poly."