xxviii. 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫

"You're hovering

"You're hovering." Miguel warned Kody as they stood near the punch bowl. "Shouldn't you be over there?"

Kody watched Eli and Demetri near the table, sighing loudly. "I don't wanna push it. He's still not ready to come out to everyone."

"So-" Miguel held out a cup of punch to him. "-to being single bachelors."

"Still prefer the bachelorette." Kody grinned, clinking their cups together. "How are you doing? With the whole...no more Sam, thing?"

"Saw it coming." he shrugged in return. "To be honest, it just didn't seem like the right fit the second time around."

"Yeah, she likes the ladies too much." Kody hummed, getting a look of disbelief. "Take that as a compliment, it means you're very manly."

"I'll take it." Migeul almost smiled, looking around. "The lady stealer isn't even here."

"She doesn't do Prom." Kody shook his head, Sam coming dateless. "Can't blame her, this place suckssss."

"Well, it wouldn't suckkkkk if you went over and talked to your boy." Miguel pointed out knowingly. "You don't have to act like a couple, just to talk."

Kody cracked a grin. "Since when did you become the Cupid Shuffle?"

"I believe it's just Cupid." he corrected him. "I want to believe in love, go show me it's still real."

"Okay, okay." Kody adjusted his navy bow tie. "Headed over right now, Sarg."

Miguel gave a salute as Kody cleared his throat, walking their way. "Well, hello, Binary Brothers. Demetri you look...spacy."

"That is what I was going for." he sighed loudly. "And I-holy."

Kody turned to follow his gaze, not being able to hold back an eye roll at the sight of Yasmine walking over. He slide in next to Eli. "Now, let's watch the bodyshaming, doesn't believe the victim, rude ass bitch, steal your best friend."

"She's not my favorite person either." Eli shook his head as he forced a smile toward Demetri when the two headed off together. "I like your bow tie."

"Yeah?" Kody smiled. "It's my Dads old suit. He said the night he wore it, he had the best date in the room. Even though, sadly, her dress was ruined because some jerk accidentally spilt the entire punch bowl on her."

"The whole punch bowl?" Eli gapped.

"Yeah. It was strawberry, and she's allergic to strawberry, but still totally ruined her night." he shrugged with a sigh. "So, I figured it would be good luck."

"Yeah." Eli gave him a little grin. "Come with me."

Kody rose his eyebrows as Eli pulled his wrist toward the hallway, the lights off but illuminated enough from the gym. They turned, his hands cupped his face, leaning in to kiss him. Kody smiled into the kiss, planting his hands over his own before pulling away. "Prom is stupid, right?"