03 ⨳ him

"AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

with so much black clothing covering his body-including a dark mask, sweatpants, even his jacket, t-shirt, and shoes-she can barely see the man's face as she yells as she strikes him.

chaeyoung believed he was a thief or, in the worst case scenario, a rapist. she is so afraid that what happened to her will happen again.

"WHO ARE YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE! GET AWAY FROM ME, YOU IMBECILE!"

she hit him again, but each time she hit him again, the man swiftly grabbed her hands and it lost the ability to hold its mouth shut.

the man scowled and said, "miss that's enough, does your brain really know anything? it's already midnight, why are you still in our clinic?"

"huh?" midnight? Oh sh*t, what the heck did i just do? i was unaware of the time. Because they were closed, that is why no one was there earlier. damn you, chaeyoung fool!

chaeyoung struck the man hard once more, forcing him to yell, "hey miss! maybe she really has a brain damage m- OUCH!"

chaeyoung then started shouting fairly loudly, "don't ever tell me like that! you don't know me!"

he snorted, "tsk, so why are you here in the first place? i was about to lock the clinic when i heard you crying."

"are you sure you're closed? eh, why are you still here?"

then, as chaeyoung tightened her fist, her patience ran out as she asked, "i'm the one asking you. will you answer me a question too? Are you stupid?"

she cried angrily, tears suddenly forming in her eyes, "what did you say! i'm a fool? yes no! maybe i'm a fool, i'm so stupid i didn't even take care of myself properly!" the man in front of her softened his gaze as he felt bad for yelling at the unknown woman.

it made him sit down and, happily, brought him a sip of hot chocolate milk. "shit, sorry i didn't mean to. Rest here first." he said.

while preparing the drink, the man remarked, "by the way, what's your name?"

she grinned as the guy grinned back, "jang chaeyoung, chaey for short."

"hayul, lee hayul, the clinic's owner and doctor, nice to meet you."

she glanced into his office and said, "so you're the owner of it, maybe you're rich?"

hayul arched an eyebrow in response to the woman's query, "isn't obvious?"

she shrugged, "well obviously, i just want to know better." hayul rolls his eyes "regardless, why are you here?"

chaeyoung spoke unexpectedly, which caused him to widen his eyes. "ahhh, i was planning to abort a baby."

"WHAT?!" he didn't even know this woman well enough for her to say such in his presence.

hayul stared at her in shock as she said, "what? is it bad? i decided to abort the baby because i don't want to add to the problems i'm having at home."

The horrified "unbelievable"; hayul stare at her. "hey, don't be assuming! i have no other choice, okay? and on top of that, my family won't accept it!"

she gazed at the ground and he mutters, "did they instruct you to abort the child? If so, why did you choose to have the abortion if your family was unaware of it?"

she didn't realize that tears were already streaming from her eyes as she envisioned herself being raped by someone she didn't know. "nothing, maybe i've lost my sanity, plus i don't expect to get pregnant, especially if rape is my reason, i don't know, i don't really know."

"you know, chaey, maybe learn to embrace the fact that you gave birth to the person who ought to be rotting in jail right now even if you were raped."

hayul approaches her and begins to gently caress her back as she says, "how? how can i do that? i can't even accept my older brother. the person I thought would fight me in the end."

"it's okay, chaey, just believe that's what's important. believe in yourself."

TO BE CONTINUED

author's note
this chapter has been revised because my writing abilities were poor before.