11 ⨳ new friend

CHAEYOUNG led iseul to her room, and the two of them sat down across from each other. iseul took a deep breath, attempting to gather her thoughts. she hadn't expected to have this conversation on this day, but it was important for her to listen to chaeyoung and support her through this difficult time.

"i should introduce myself, i guess," she said with a nervous laugh. "my name is iseul by the way, what's your name?"

chaeyoung looked up at her, feeling embarrassed and overwhelmed. "i'm chaeyoung," she replied softly.

iseul immediately sensed how nervous and scared chaeyoung was, and she felt bad for asking such a personal question so abruptly. she decided to try to put her at ease.  

"it's wonderful to meet you, chaeyoung," she said with a warm smile. "your name is lovely."

chaeyoung smiled back at iseul. "thank you," she replied. "i appreciate that."

chaeyoung looked up at iseul, feeling confused and unsure why iseul wanted to talk to her in private.

"why did you want to talk to me in my room?" chaeyoung asked. "is there something you wanted to tell me?"

iseul looked at chaeyoung with a worried look. "chaeyoung, i need to tell you something."

"is there something wrong?" chaeyoung asked, feeling anxious.

"It's, um, you look pale, i mean really pale so assume you're not really okay at this point." iseul replied quietly.

chaeyoung felt her heart racing, and she suddenly realized why iseul was so concerned. she was starting to feel more nauseous and tired than usual, and it was becoming harder for her to conceal her symptoms.  

“iseul, i think i need to tell you about the real reason why i was so tired today,” chaeyoung said softly.  

iseul looked at her, and could tell that she was hiding something. “is there anything wrong?” iseul asked.  

“yes, there is—” chaeyoung said quietly and took a deep breath, decided to be honest this time. "iseul, i'm pregnant," she whispered. "i haven't told anyone else, but i was so scared and nervous. i'm not sure how i'm going to deal with it."  

iseul was stunned, and could only listen to chaeyoung's admission in shock.  

"i'm not ready to be a mom," chaeyoung continued. "i'm scared, and i'm not sure what to do. can you help me?"

iseul immediately moved to comfort chaeyoung, putting her arm around her shoulder. "i'm here for you, chaeyoung," she said. "whatever you decide to do, i'll be right by your side even we just met."  

chaeyoung was relieved to hear that, and she felt lucky to have a friend like iseul who could listen to her without judgement.

"what about the father?" iseul asked. "do you know who it is?"  

"y-yes, i do." chaeyoung answered, feeling nervous.

iseul listened carefully, and her eyes widened in shock as she heard chaeyoung's revelation.  

"you were raped?" she asked. "i'm so sorry that happened to you."

chaeyoung nodded, and tears began to stream down her face as she remembered the traumatic incident.

"do you know the man's name?" iseul continued. chaeyoung was too distraught to speak, so she shook her head. "it's okay," iseul said, trying to remain calm and comforting.

"what really happened that night, chaeyoung?" iseul asked gently. "can you tell me what happened?"  

chaeyoung took a deep breath, and tried to gather her thoughts. but she was so shaken up from the memory, that it was hard for her to speak.